Other Domestic Leagues 16/17

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hajduk beat Dinamo in Maksimir (Zagreb) for the first time since 2008, 2:0 winners but Rijeka later that day didn't take full advantage only earning a point in Istra. Rijeka's lead is now 5 points with 7 matches to go, Rijeka have the harder fixtures on paper as well but the tie-break in Croatia is H2H so if they go into the last matchday (where they go to Dinamo) with a three point advantage Dinamo will need to win by three goals. However, Rijeka will only have themselves to blame if they fail to win the title, should have beaten Dinamo few weeks ago and didn't take advantage of yesterday's gift. Also, referees will still have an influential part in this I feel :sarcasm:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Feyenoord can clinch the title next week!

I thought the away game at Vitesse would be very difficult for Feyenoord but it was probably one of their easiest games of the season. Vitesse didn't even try to win that game. At some point in the first half I almost though this match was fixed, it was that obvious.

Ah well. With Ajax losing to PSV, Feyenoord would still be in the lead anyway. Going to be some kind of party in downtown Rotterdam if they clinch.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Vitesse is putting all their money on the Cup final next week.

Congrats to Feyenoord. Title is deserved. They've been the most consistent side. I

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Horrible news as Czech international Frantisek Rajtoral committed suicide in Turkey.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo Zagreb lose their second straight league match, conceded in the last minute to Slaven Belupo who had little to play for. Rijeka can go to +8 if they beat Osijek right now (Rijeka currently lead 1:0). If Rijeka hold on to win then I will be willing to say its over, though in reality it should have been long over, Dinamo had a lot of referee calls go their way, Dinamo stole a point in Rijeka after being totally dominated and Rijeka didn't take full advantage of the loss on Saturday

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Celtic equal their greatest ever win at Ibrox with a 5-1 win today.

https://streamable.com/8475z

giphy.gif

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Hapoel Beer Sheva win consecutive Israeli league titles, their 4th overall. They opened some eyes this season in Europe eliminating Olympiakos in the CL qualifying, nearly completing a comeback against Celtic and then advancing past their EL group over Southampton and Inter

FC Copenhagen (Denmark), Rijeka (Croatia) and Kukesi (Albania) still on pace to win their leagues without a single league loss. Rijeka in fact haven't lost a match all season (still in the Croatian Cup and eliminated in Europe on away goals after two draws)

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Ethan Horvath made his debut for Club Brugge yesterday in a 3-1 playoff win at Charleroi

He made a string of excellent saves and made a very good impression overall, but he did make an awful mistake on the Charleroi goal. He intercepted a deep ball meant for the Charleroi striker but then (I don't know if he thought it was offside, or a foul, or whatever) he put the ball on the ground as if he were to take a free kick. The Charleroi striker, who was standing behind him, sneaked up on him, took the ball and put it in the empty net :help:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Shakhtar have won their first league title since 2014. With their win today they're 17 pts ahead of Dinamo Kiev with 5 games left. They've won 24 of their 28 games so far and only lost once.

Also, Dnipro are currently in danger of being relegated :amazed: they're 3 pts behind a safe spot

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Feyenoord could have clinched the Eredivisie today against lowly Excelsior but lost 3-0 :laugh:

They host Heracles next week who still have a possible playoff spot to play for. Ajax travel to Willem II.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ajax trident so fun to watch. Younes and Traoré have been huge for them in Europe League but the kids are alright, too. Nouri was really good also.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
If Benfica win later today they are one step closer to the title after Porto earned a draw in Maritimo.

Spartak will win the Russian title if Zenit fail to beat Terek Grozny later today

Rijeka lost their first competitive match this season against Lokomotiva Zagreb, Dinamo cut the lead to 5 points with four matches to play. Rijeka host in form Hajduk and then go to tricky Slaven Belupo in the next two matches. If Rijeka win both then they are 99% certain of the title but any more dropped points then things get tricky for them and I will say will be as bad as a choke as Manchester United a few years back

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Feyenoord want to win it at home it seems! What a fantastic final matchday to come...

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Kluivert, Nouri and de Jong were solid. I'm liking the latter a lot lately.

Feel almost sorry for Feyenoord. I know plenty of my friends already arranged to take the monday off. Rotterdam is a mess right now. Lots of riots. Their fans might be loud and loyal, they're also among the worst hooligans in Western Europe.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Spartak Moscow have won the Russian Premier League title after Zenit lost to Terek at home. CSKA and Zenit will fight for the 2nd place which is a CL qualifying spot. Spartak meanwhile will be seeded for next season's CL

Besiktas' lead at the top of the Turkish league is cut to two points after 9-man Fenerbahce earned a point at the Vodafone Arena. Besiktas winless in their last two matches

Red Bull Salzburg one point away from an Austrian league title

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Kluivert, Nouri and de Jong were solid. I'm liking the latter a lot lately.

Feel almost sorry for Feyenoord. I know plenty of my friends already arranged to take the monday off. Rotterdam is a mess right now. Lots of riots. Their fans might be loud and loyal, they're also among the worst hooligans in Western Europe.

Yeah the games against Ajax especially can be a little dicey. But man, being there is so much fun.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Because most of those hooligans aren't very bright.

The last time Feyenoord won the title, back in 1999, it also escalated pretty quickly, even with 25 stores being trashed and mugged.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah the games against Ajax especially can be a little dicey. But man, being there is so much fun.

They were in the past. Since it got out of control, including a fatal stabbing, fans aren't allowed in eachothers stadiums anymore. Been this way for years now.

Not that Ajax' ultra's are your perfect son-in-laws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->