OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
No it's the same trash. Elway keeps hiring defensive minded head coaches, that are too arrogant when it comes to defense. Joseph and Fangio both want to win games 13-10 or 10-7 or some garbage like that, which simply isn't a reality in this day and age.

They absolutely don't want the offense to outshine their pride and joy defenses. Those two guys are too proud to let offense win you a game. At least that's how it feels to me. Unfortunately you can't win games that way any more. If you can't put at minimum 24 points on the board you aren't going to win. Fangio is just too stubborn to accept this reality.

Until Elway goes and we hire an offensive minded coach, its going to continue to be ugly. We'll get predictable play calling, and offensive self sabbotage, so Fangio can continue feel good about his defense. I feel like we're back in the Dan Reeves era but this time we don't have a Elway caliber qb to bail out a piss poor coaching staff.

It's 3rd and 13 -> what's the play? Ok, I will make a 4 yard pass and you beat 5 defenders and go 9 yards for the 1st down. Ok? BREAK!

Reactions: chet1926

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's 3rd and 13 -> what's the play? Ok, I will make a 4 yard pass and you beat 5 defenders and go 9 yards for the 1st down. Ok? BREAK!
Haha. That's sad that you know the play, because if you know it, you damn well know the d coordinator on the other team knows it and can easily scheme for it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It certainly doesn’t help when you make a guy the highest paid RT in the league and he rewards you with sitting out the entire season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It certainly doesn’t help when you make a guy the highest paid RT in the league and he rewards you with sitting out the entire season.
It does not. That guy has played a total of 3 quarters in the past 2 seasons. Such a f***ing joke. And I can't imagine that he'll ever recover from this, tough to miss two straight seasons and still be able to play at a high level.

He is perfectly content to rake in money and sit on his butt and do nothing. Did it last year too, he was healthy but made an excuse as to why he couldn't play.

I'll be shocked if he ever plays another second for the Broncos. Just have to chalk it up to another John Elway misfire. Not all Elways fault on this one, but still another mistake in a ever growing list of failures for him.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
The same Monforts that actually took care of minor leaguers and staff this year? The fact that you blame him for everything is hilarious. (He's not blameless fwiw)

I never said he was responsible for everything, nor did I say he was the worst owner in MLB (that dubious honor, until recently, went to the Wilpons). I also don't think he's a horrible human being, If he hadn't taken care of his own staff during all this, then yes, he would be.

In addition, I don't think every decision he's made has been bad, both in terms of the on-field product or business. But I do believe he is the primary reason things aren't getting better, and why they've never been good outside of the odd "Rocktober" run. He made as lazy and insular a decision as he could when he finally fired O'Dowd and just walked down the hall and promoted Bridich. Didn't even bother with a proper search, and I believe I read one reason why he didn't is because he's never bothered to network within the MLB community at all. He has no real connections anywhere, no people he's been keeping an eye on and what not as possible hires. Even if he wanted to cast a wide open search, it's possible he doesn't even know where to start.

Creasman had an article in DNVR recently. In there he detailed what the Rockies could or should do. One thing is that the Rox lag horribly behind the rest of MLB when it comes to analytics. Another is that the lavish spending on the bullpen has been a complete and total bust, and new ideas are needed to shore up that weakness. He said without outright saying it, but he pretty much said Bridich should be fired. As to why he hasn't been, well, once again, I just don't think Monfort knows enough or cares enough to really do what needs to be done to really fix things.

On a side note, I also don't think the Broncos will ever get on track so long as Joe Ellis is essentially running the franchise. Until he's booted out of Dove Valley, things will never get better. And yes, I know he was there when the Broncos won it all in 2016, but most of the decisions he's played a major part in have been disastrous for the franchise, including the hiring of Josh McDaniels.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I never said he was responsible for everything, nor did I say he was the worst owner in MLB (that dubious honor, until recently, went to the Wilpons). I also don't think he's a horrible human being, If he hadn't taken care of his own staff during all this, then yes, he would be.

In addition, I don't think every decision he's made has been bad, both in terms of the on-field product or business. But I do believe he is the primary reason things aren't getting better, and why they've never been good outside of the odd "Rocktober" run. He made as lazy and insular a decision as he could when he finally fired O'Dowd and just walked down the hall and promoted Bridich. Didn't even bother with a proper search, and I believe I read one reason why he didn't is because he's never bothered to network within the MLB community at all. He has no real connections anywhere, no people he's been keeping an eye on and what not as possible hires. Even if he wanted to cast a wide open search, it's possible he doesn't even know where to start.

Creasman had an article in DNVR recently. In there he detailed what the Rockies could or should do. One thing is that the Rox lag horribly behind the rest of MLB when it comes to analytics. Another is that the lavish spending on the bullpen has been a complete and total bust, and new ideas are needed to shore up that weakness. He said without outright saying it, but he pretty much said Bridich should be fired. As to why he hasn't been, well, once again, I just don't think Monfort knows enough or cares enough to really do what needs to be done to really fix things.

On a side note, I also don't think the Broncos will ever get on track so long as Joe Ellis is essentially running the franchise. Until he's booted out of Dove Valley, things will never get better. And yes, I know he was there when the Broncos won it all in 2016, but most of the decisions he's played a major part in have been disastrous for the franchise, including the hiring of Josh McDaniels.
I don't disagree much with what you said. Him "firing" O'dowd and promoting Bridich without any search was idiotic. However I give them credit because they backed him up financially. When majority of owners in baseball are cutting payroll, Monforts were willing to let Bridich spend, even though the results have been a f***ing mess.

Them not using analytics much is my biggest issue with the Rockies. This is why I really wanted them to make a run for Chaim Bloom, Sig Mejdal, etc. They already have the biggest disadvantage in baseball playing at Coors, and they hurt themselves by limiting the use of data. Monforts being overly loyal is a pro and a con and that's why Bridich will be here next year even after pissing off the franchise player, building an atrocious team, and atrocious farm system with no future to look forward to.

tldr: Other than not firing Bridich and replacing him with someone else, I don't have much issues with Monforts. They are much worse owners in the league and even from successful teams IE: Paul Dolan

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Agreed. It's that Montfort is too loyal to "his guys". It is a little strange to me how they seem to rate the personality, for lack of a better word, of the players over their skills and stats.

Don't know if Desman can handle 1st base in Colorado but he sure was an outstanding clubhouse personality. Nevermind he can play center with subpart hitting.

Same with Murphy, even though he is way goofier. Subpar defender but a "great teammate".

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Rockies ownership’s biggest priority this year is developing the entertainment venues across the streeet on 20th. More bars!!!!

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Oh one more thing I forgot to mention, Monforts not hiring a team president after Keli McGregor passed away is another thing to shit on the Monforts.

I truly believe they don’t know how baseball works and that’s fine if they hire someone in the upper management to run the day to day on the baseball side, but they haven’t done so.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
1087990076.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That is soooo damn embarrassing

trying to throw the ball out of bounds and you throw a pick
are rookies so stupid you hav to teach them how to throw the ball away.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The NFL has turned into such a horrible league. This is the 2nd Broncos game I’ve watched in 3 years. WTF happened to football?

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
The NFL has turned into such a horrible league. This is the 2nd Broncos game I’ve watched in 3 years. WTF happened to football?
You're watching Broncos/Jets, what did you expect?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->