OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Less years and AAV. Whoever signs Arenado will have him from age 29-whatever while with Machado, it’s age 26/27-36/37.

But it’s the Rockies we’re talking about, so 10 year deal with Arenado doesn’t seem far fetched with how clueless the front office is.

Are they still paying Todd Helton? I’m pretty sure I remember them deferring payment to him until like 2025 or something crazy

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nothing will ever top Bobby Bonilla Day
From 1992 to 1994, Bonilla was the highest-paid player in the league, earning more than $6 million per year. Since 2009, Bonilla has been paid approximately $1.19 million by the New York Mets each year. The 25 payments come every July 1, which some fans refer to as "Bobby Bonilla Day".[2][3] This was part of a deal made when the Mets released Bonilla before the 2000 season while still owing him $5.9 million for the 2009 to 2035 final year of his contract. The deal expires in 2035, at which point Bonilla will have been paid $29.8 million for a season in which he did not even play for the Mets.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
067-E1-BBC-DD27-470-F-9297-28-CA9-ADD25-BC.png

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
This Alliance football is reasonably entertaining. Fills the gap between the end of the NFL season and the start of the CFL or AFL seasons, at least.

Will be interesting to see how it goes with the rebooted XFL and that other league (of which former Bronco Byron Chamberlain is among the founders) starting up next year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meh...I don't need year-round football. I'd rather not have any sport year-round to be honest. But if the AAF can finally be that developmental league the NFL has kinda/sorta p***yfooted around with all these years, so be it. I wouldn't mind it if the Denver Gold made a comeback.

Reactions: ABasin

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Meh...I don't need year-round football. I'd rather not have any sport year-round to be honest. But if the AAF can finally be that developmental league the NFL has kinda/sorta p***yfooted around with all these years, so be it. I wouldn't mind it if the Denver Gold made a comeback.
I would like an alternative to Baseball and Soccer, though.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I would like an alternative to Baseball and Soccer, though.

I'll agree I'm no fan of the latter, and my enthusiasm for the former is rapidly diminishing. Still not sure I need a minor-league football, especially if it's going to be a watered-down version of an already watered-down product. And the XFL last time was absolutely atrocious to watch.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'll agree I'm no fan of the latter, and my enthusiasm for the former is rapidly diminishing. Still not sure I need a minor-league football, especially if it's going to be a watered-down version of an already watered-down product. And the XFL last time was absolutely atrocious to watch.
I got to enjoy the USFL before Trump killed it, but that was a vastly different labor landscape.

I watched the XFL every week for the train-wreck factor. It was like Birdemic was a football league, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as fun the second time around.

Olympic years are a nice break during the summer doldrums.

Reactions: ABasin

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I actually would appreciate a developmental league for a lot of reasons. Taking your kids to a game and have it being actually affordable is nice. The NFL is too expensive for almost anyone anymore. And the developmental aspects it could privide for the league - better OL play, better QB play, better developed refs, piloting new rules/equipment, etc.... I mean the NFL is too arrogant to notice or admit it, but they desperately need a developmental league.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I actually would appreciate a developmental league for a lot of reasons. Taking your kids to a game and have it being actually affordable is nice. The NFL is too expensive for almost anyone anymore. And the developmental aspects it could privide for the league - better OL play, better QB play, better developed refs, piloting new rules/equipment, etc.... I mean the NFL is too arrogant to notice or admit it, but they desperately need a developmental league.

I'd be all for it for that reason and to strike a serious blow against the monopoly the NCAA has on aspiring young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->