OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't like this, but Flacco is better than Keenum. So I guess this means they don't like any of the QB's in this draft? Too expensive to move up to get the guy they want? I really don't know any more. I'll keep watching and rooting, I always do. Just gonna have to hope to be pleasantly surprised I guess. :(
How is Flacco better? His numbers are physically worse than Keenum's over the past 2 seasons. The only reason people even think he is good is because he won a Superbowl in his mid 20s which was years ago. And quite frankly it should have an asterisk by it, because if Rahim Moore didn't make The biggest f*** up of all time the Broncos beat them.

Stats don't lie Flacco is a bottom tier starter, and he has had a fairly good team and coach around him his whole career. He is going to look incredibly crappy on this team that won't be able to block and give him a ton of time to pass. Not to mention we have a mediocre WR core with Sanders hurt. It's just going to be one big shit show with a unmobile aging QB that is scared to get hit.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Meh I think Flacco is better than Keenum. But by like the smallest margins so it doesn’t matter much. I do think Keenum is a great backup but not a starter. I think Flacco used to be a starter but isn’t anymore, so I don’t really see what the point of getting him was since he isn’t really an upgrade.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How is Flacco better? His numbers are physically worse than Keenum's over the past 2 seasons. The only reason people even think he is good is because he won a Superbowl in his mid 20s which was years ago. And quite frankly it should have an asterisk by it, because if Rahim Moore didn't make The biggest **** up of all time the Broncos beat them.

Stats don't lie Flacco is a bottom tier starter, and he has had a fairly good team and coach around him his whole career. He is going to look incredibly crappy on this team that won't be able to block and give him a ton of time to pass. Not to mention we have a mediocre WR core with Sanders hurt. It's just going to be one big **** show with a unmobile aging QB that is scared to get hit.

I find it odd we keep seeing that graphic of their last two seasons. The prevailing narrative is that Keenum's final season with the Vikings was the fluke to end all flukes and that his play in Denver is far more indicative of the QB he actually is. So if you buy into the notion that the Vikings season is a clear outlier, then it shouldn't be brought into consideration since it's fudging the numbers big-time.

This is all kind of a "mute" point though. In the end I think they're both mediocre quarterbacks who aren't to do enough to cover up for a team with major flaws throughout the lineup.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Elway is making the same mistake Lacroix did in 2004-7. The Avs had a great 7-8 year run, it was clearly over, but PL desperately tried to hold on and band aid it over and over, instead of committing to a rebuild. Eventually, it crashed hard..

That’s a fantastic comparison

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The choice was to either get a new QB or tear it down. I don't think this move is quite as dumb as everyone else thinks. It will likely end up being ineffectual, but what can ya do. At least in Flacco you have a guy who can gun it down field (Rahim Moore can attest to this) and take advantage of the talented receiving corps the Broncos have, rather than a guy like Keenum who relies more on really good TE's, of which the Broncos have none.

You think the current WR corps for Denver is good?

I find them average at best.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You think the current WR corps for Denver is good?

I find them average at best.

It depends...I think Sanders is very good. A legit top wideout on a good team. Is he elite? Probably not. But certainly good enough to build a passing game around, given a good enough QB and o-line able to get the damn ball to him. We'll see how well he bounces back from injury.

Now the wild card is of course how far Courtland Sutton develops. I think the raw talent there is fantastic. We'll see if he ends up being at least a very good 2nd option.

Too early to tell on guys like Hamilton and what not but I think the potential is there as well.

What still perplexes me is why the team's tight end situation remains so abysmal. It can't be that hard to get at the very least a goddamn J.J. Putz/Patrick Hape-type guy to take some pressure off the WRs from time to time and get the occasional short-rout redzone score. Enough is enough with Jake Butt--dude's not durable enough for the NFL. And Heuermann just isn't good enough.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyway, enough about a Broncos deal that can't be consummated until next month. The Nuggets were getting absolutely walloped by the Sacramento Kings, and Michael Malone even got ejected early. But apparently Isaiah Thomas entered the game for the first time this season, promptly scored 8 much-needed points (including two clutch 3s) in the third quarter and the team rallied for a last-minute victory!

Never would've thought the NUGGETS of all teams would be the one keeping my cold, dark heart from going completely inert but here we are.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Elway is making the same mistake Lacroix did in 2004-7. The Avs had a great 7-8 year run, it was clearly over, but PL desperately tried to hold on and band aid it over and over, instead of committing to a rebuild. Eventually, it crashed hard.

Elway is doing a similar thing following a pretty damn good 5 year run, which is an eternity in the NFL.

With this signing, I do wonder where they’ll target their 1st round pick. CB, maybe?

It’s February, and I still haven’t a Hasbro mock 1st round......

Well at least he didn't trade Joe Sakic!!!! ;)

:popcorn:

Reactions: Pokecheque

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Lol, isn't Flacco that 42 year old bloke who was the QB for the Ravens when I watched the NFL back in like 2009?

Also for the Six Nation buddies here, caught up with the games...

- Italia did a good job against Wales even if they were playing all their secondary players.

- Ireland/Scotland was a good game, even with Sexton and Hogg both going out with knocks. I was quite impressed by Kinghorn even though Scotland lost the game. Ireland has a ridiculous defence, it is up there with All Blacks easily. I think Scotland would have won or been super close if Hogg was able to play the entire game.

- England and France wasn't even fair. France actually didn't play that bad, but in true France like fashion they played like they have ADHD and gave the ball so many effin' times. There is absolutely no calm or patience in their game and that was by far the worst performance I've ever seen from them ever. I expect those type of losses from Italia, but not a team who has the likes of Lopez, Vahaamahin, Picamole, and Guirado. England looks like they're on a mission though and Jonny May is absolutely lit.

- Could someone explain who Wales and England have both two wins, but England has two more points? Is the point system based off some weird scoring system from the games?

- Wales vs England is looking to be a classic, lets hope we get some 2015 World Cup magic again.

England looking reeeaallll good to start. Back to where they were 3 years ago. Ireland play the perfect suffocating game to beat an expansive team like Scotland. Looks like Ireland England and SA are going to I've the best chance of toppling the all blacks at the world cup.

You get extra points in the standings if you score 4 tries or lose by less than 7 points. They changed it last year and its widely used in domestic competitions. It's a bit convoluted but its a good way of keeping games interesting where one team gets ahead

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
England looking reeeaallll good to start. Back to where they were 3 years ago. Ireland play the perfect suffocating game to beat an expansive team like Scotland. Looks like Ireland England and SA are going to I've the best chance of toppling the all blacks at the world cup.

You get extra points in the standings if you score 4 tries or lose by less than 7 points. They changed it last year and its widely used in domestic competitions. It's a bit convoluted but its a good way of keeping games interesting where one team gets ahead
Yeah, it is weird, but as you mention it actually makes the second half of the tournament watchable since a team cannot realistically win it until the last stage of the games. Of course it could have a double standard and a team like England could score four tries a game and run away with the tournament.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Actually, this helps the Rockies considering Padres would have been a perfect landing spot for him.

Well that’s good. Would hate to see a talent like Arenado leave Colorado.

* I don’t follow baseball like at all so I’m kinda talking out my ass here. Lol

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Well that’s good. Would hate to see a talent like Arenado leave Colorado.

* I don’t follow baseball like at all so I’m kinda talking out my ass here. Lol
Oh and Rockies would be dumb if they give Arenado a 10 year deal.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
What do you think he gets? Little more AAV but less years than Machado?
Less years and AAV. Whoever signs Arenado will have him from age 29-whatever while with Machado, it’s age 26/27-36/37.

But it’s the Rockies we’re talking about, so 10 year deal with Arenado doesn’t seem far fetched with how clueless the front office is.

Reactions: The Abusement Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad