OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Saints got hosed at the end of the game for sure. I still like Wade, CJ and Talib though. So definitely go Rams.

I hope the chiefs and Pat's just kill one another.

Last edited:

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Why must NFL overtime be the only one that makes no sense? NBA and MLB play full parts of games. Hockey is sudden death but that makes sense. NFL should be a full 10, at least in the post season, but nope, gotta be different.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth finally got a win today. Starting the season with three straight home losses was brutal. Glad it wasn't four.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Another Patriots Super Bowl...

Your defense is getting picked apart like swiss cheese, guys obviously don't know what they are supposed to do in coverage, and you have 3 time outs available... Maybe use one of them on one of those 3 and 10's to try and break the momentum, give your defense a bit of rest, and maybe get some people on the same page?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Why must NFL overtime be the only one that makes no sense? NBA and MLB play full parts of games. Hockey is sudden death but that makes sense. NFL should be a full 10, at least in the post season, but nope, gotta be different.

I think it can be even simpler than that.

Both teams get the ball at least once. Whoever gets a lead once that happens, wins.

Just change that one thing - both teams get the ball once. Why is that so hard?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
A pretty terrible offseason so far...

Lost Otto, DJ

Can't get Nolan or Trevor signed long term...

No real signings. I am not thrilled with Murphy

Wonder if the Yankees are after Arenado right now. Maybe trade Andujar and a couple of other young guys for him.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Wonder if the Yankees are after Arenado right now. Maybe trade Andujar and a couple of other young guys for him.
I doubt it, and honestly this rumor makes no sense to me. Why would they trade prospects + essentially spend cash for Arenado when you can just spend cash to sigh Machado when both are comparable players. Not to mention Machado is a year younger than Arenado, and latter will be 2 years older when he reaches FA than Machado when he was a FA.

MLB free agency is f***ing broken though. You have 2 superstars at aged 26 and only like 4 teams are in on them.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Both teams get the ball at least once. Whoever gets a lead once that happens, wins.

So stupid. Hey look you lost the coin toss and because of your lack of coin flipping talent you now don’t get a chance to score.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

I still don't like that. Why should a team get two chances when one only gets one? If there's no time limit, just go the NCAA route and give each team a chance on both sides of the ball until one doesn't score. If there's a time limit, it's like the MLB with a full extra innings and NBA with a 5 minute OT. At the end of the day though, the way they have it is about as bad as the NHL and their playoff seeding or whatever you want to call it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

So stupid. Hey look you lost the coin toss and because of your lack of coin flipping talent you now don’t get a chance to score.

I find it funny that this line of thinking comes out, en masse (so not just you two) when it's the Patriots who are going to the SB. First of all, let's look at the modern SPORTS era here and admit that we're seeing history with the level of dominance the Patriots have had over the Brady/Belichick era. Tom Brady has played 17 seasons as an NFL starter (I removed his 2000 season since he wasn't a starter, and then his 2011 season since he went down in the 1st Q of G1 with his knee injury) and has played in the AFC Championship game 13 of those seasons, and has gone on to play in 9 Super Bowls. That's just f***ing insane. Love them (Brady/Belichick) or hate them, it's hard not to admit begrudging respect for that. Aside from the Golden State Warriors (who I contend got their super team due to a weird glitch in the NBA salary cap explosion the summer they signed KD), there's no other modern sports team that can come close to matching that. I'm envious of their success. I can only sit back and wish Peyton had that level of success.

So, I wanted to get that out of the way to say the following:

Changing the OT rules because the Pats (or any other team who wins after the coin toss) is stupid. Your defense has every opportunity to make stops and force TO's. Hell, we saw the Rams do just that in the game earlier. The Chiefs had what, 2-3 3rd & 10's and they let Brady pick them apart? How about use some of your time outs to try and stop Brady from marching down the field.

Another Patriots Super Bowl...

Your defense is getting picked apart like swiss cheese, guys obviously don't know what they are supposed to do in coverage, and you have 3 time outs available... Maybe use one of them on one of those 3 and 10's to try and break the momentum, give your defense a bit of rest, and maybe get some people on the same page?

Yeah, you get it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
my only problem with saying "well your defense should have stopped them" is that it's so blatantly obvious that the league is hellbent on promoting scoring to attract fans. The rules are completely in favor of the offense.

10-20 years ago I wouldn't have had the same opinion, but the game has changed and evolved.....if the scales/rules/officiating are so much in favor of the offense, then it's probably not too much of an ask to allow both teams the chance to have that oppportunity to have the ball

Just a quick glance at the teams that are in the championship - the Chiefs, Patriots, Rams, and Saints all had prolific offenses and OK to bad defenses. In Defensive YPG, every team except the Saints were in the bottom half of the league (and the Saints were like 14th - not great). In Offensive YPG, each of the teams in the Championship were in the top 8. Each one of these teams put heavy heavy resources into the offenses and use the bend/don't break philosophy for their D....that's going to get replicated throughout the league just like the 3 pointer in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->