Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
You mean they took BPA, instead of going for positional need? ;)

They also reportedly took "character" into account, which obviously raises some alarm bells with some folks (including me) but it appears to have helped them steer in the right direction with their selections.

Either way, Elway just needs to not do whatever the f*** he did in 2017.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Cardinals, 49ers, Jets, Raiders and Buccaneers are the first 5 in this draft year. If the Broncos can find a trading partner out of these 5 they should be able to land a decent QB to build a future around. I like Haskins So we'd probably Need to trade with the Cards, 49ers or Jets as I don't think they'd want to draft a QB any way.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’ve changed my mind quite a bit about this draft.

I’m a bit scared of Haskins due to a PFF report I saw on him. He was one of the least pressured QBs in all of college football last year (around 20% or so) and when he was pressured he had one of the lowest QB ratings in college. I’ll have to dig up the report but it was a huge red flag for me. I like Lock but I dunno if he’s realistically anything more than a middle of the pack guy.

I know how everyone is so desperate for a QB here but honestly I’d like to see them trade back and possibly pick up a ILB or corner. Acquire some picks in next years draft when you move back and then use that as ammo to make a big play in 2020’s rich QB class. I’d rather see them get some picks, get some complementary guys and then swing big in 2020. Build the roster this year and then draft the last piece next year and we are set.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean...surely there's an undrafted QB somewhere out there worth a look...?

Someone said another reason 2017 and previous drafts were so bad was because Elway took on too many "project" players. I can definitely see that with Bolles.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
There is not a single QB in this draft I would take at 10. Same as last year when Mayfield and Darnold were off the board, there was no QB worth picking at 5. CB, ILB or OL at 10. Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. If the Broncos end up sucking again next year they will be in a great position for a draft loaded with QB's.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
There is not a single QB in this draft I would take at 10. Same as last year when Mayfield and Darnold were off the board, there was no QB worth picking at 5. CB, ILB or OL at 10. Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. If the Broncos end up sucking again next year they will be in a great position for a draft loaded with QB's.
I mean, Rosen was right there

I would easily take a chance on Haskins if I had a top 10 pick.

Thorson is my favorite mid round guy.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I mean, Rosen was right there

I would easily take a chance on Haskins if I had a top 10 pick.

Thorson is my favorite mid round guy.

Yeah, I wasn't really sold on Rosen at 5. But time will tell.

I guess it's just after reaching for Osweiler and Lynch I can't get behind any QB with question marks in the first round anymore.

I also like Thorsen in the mid rounds.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think Bolles would be good at G.

Didn't they move him there around midseason and kinda/sorta fix their awful protection schemes to a degree.

On top of Bolles' ineffectiveness they also seem to keep running into injury issues. Not sure what they do about that.

The more time passes the more I appreciate a guy like Ryan Clady. That guy did so much to stabilize things for the offense.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Also, Adam Ottavino signs in NY for the exact same term and $$$ as Bryan Shaw and the other garbage fire the Rockies signed last year to shore up the bullpen. Another win for Jumpin' Jeff Flash!

A pretty terrible offseason so far...

Lost Otto, DJ

Can't get Nolan or Trevor signed long term...

No real signings. I am not thrilled with Murphy

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Also, Adam Ottavino signs in NY for the exact same term and $$$ as Bryan Shaw and the other garbage fire the Rockies signed last year to shore up the bullpen. Another win for Jumpin' Jeff Flash!

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Well they’re from the Rio, and they come in a few different flavors. You can get them iced, and just on the rocks. Salt or sugar on the rim. My personal favorite is the mango on the rocks. Rumor has is that the hot ticket is to buy your way into the rock pile and then grab a seat at the patio so you can more easily access the bar.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Pokecheque

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Joyner channeling his inner rahimmoore there. Why go for the interception instead of just putting his hand between the receiver and the ball? Selfish play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->