Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXI: Bulls Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Bulls defense is putrid. I understand the new rules are going push for higher scoring NBA games, but the defensive effort against the Sixers was poop.

I haven't seen so many open 3 pointers, dunks, and offensive rebounds by an opponent since forever. Jabari can't play defense. Payne shouldn't play anymore. Without Dunn, this team is lost on the offensive end. Once the 3s stopped going down in the 1st quarter, the offense stunk.

Please play Archie if Dunn is out again. Portis is far better than I ever expected. He'll get paid next summer. Lavine still can't play defense but he can score. Carter tries hard but still needs time to develop. Markkanen is still out. Other than that I don't much care for anyone else. Maybe Blakeney has some upside.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Bulls have no idea how to use Wendell yet, they keep having him roll on P&Rs, he just ends up clogging the lanes for players driving and cutting. You have to let him pop for threes and allow him to face up like the Magic seem to be doing with Bamba.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Bulls have no idea how to use Wendell yet, they keep having him roll on P&Rs, he just ends up clogging the lanes for players driving and cutting. You have to let him pop for threes and allow him to face up like the Magic seem to be doing with Bamba.
Like most rookie big men, Carter's outside shot is not consistent yet. His shot will be very good for a big man in time ... but he's still 19 years old. That's why Markkanen was so special last year. Even then, he had his shooting slumps.

However, Carter bothered Embiid on his shot some. That was good. Unfortunately, Embiid just bullied Carter near the basket. That's going to happen until he gets stronger.

Carter will be good. However, just have some patience.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Idk, was it?
The East is so bad ... no one knows.

You never know with the Bulls. Dunn, Lavine, Portis, and Markkanen is enough offense to win 30 games in a terrible East. It really comes down to their defense. It's god awful.

At least the Bulls will have an extra $20mn worth of cap space next year. There's no way the Bulls pick up Jabari's option. No one is paying $20mn for a NBA player to come off the bench.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Where's "Built for a three peat" Mitch at?

No hangover for Astros like the Cubbies huh Dallas Keuchel?

Thanks for the shout out! I am going to go out once more on a limb and state the Bhawks nor Bulls will NOT make the playoffs this year.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Nothing at all interesting me. Big 10 sucks, Clemson dominating, I expect LSU to dominate.

Oregon game might be ok.

Indiana-Penn State is good. Washington-Colorado. Minnesota-Nebraska has actually been pretty interesting. Maybe they will dominate, but we don’t know yet. And the Oregon game is interesting.

Yeah it’s not the greatest weekend ever, it’s far from terrible.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Indiana-Penn State is good. Washington-Colorado. Minnesota-Nebraska has actually been pretty interesting. Maybe they will dominate, but we don’t know yet. And the Oregon game is interesting.

Yeah it’s not the greatest weekend ever, it’s far from terrible.

Maybe I’m just not in the mood this week then. :dunno:

but I look at the games to watch and nothing looks interesting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->