Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LX: Wild Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You should feel pretty good. Although USF isn't as good as last year's team (they should have lost to a bad GT team last week), ILL played them tough. At least it's progress.

I agree. It’s a “I’m frustrated today, but content overall” kind of thing. There’s a reason USF was 15-point favorites. They were the better team, and Illinois played like 3 walk-ons yesterday, with two of them starting on defense.

Illinois gets their suspended players back next week. They’re going to get smacked by Penn State. But then they have a bye week, and the following two weeks against Rutgers & Purdue will tell me a lot about where the program is at right now.

So it’s nice to see progress, but I need to see it for the rest of the season to actually say I’m pleased with what I’m seeing.

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
If Russell and Contreras bothered to hustle this would be a tie game. That was an easy triple.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Good stuff, Pirates. Cubs so close an off day. Hope they finish this off strong.

Sucks they have to fly out to Arizona, but at least they play against a scuffling Diamondbacks team.

Have to assume the Brewers sweep the Reds, so taking 2 out of 3 from Arizona is a must.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Half good day for the Cubs.

And holy cow, the marathon record was just shattered by 78 seconds. Eliud Kipchoge is the new record holder at 2:01:39. Wow.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
My men's league baseball team was AWFUL in the summer. Now I'm on a decent team for fall ball and man does it feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad