Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVIII: Hamels & Kintzler are Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Confirmed by four sources and part of his story publicly denied by another. Not a good look for Bosio.
All Bosio had to do was apologize. Even if it was an misunderstanding (as he claims) ... just say I AM SORRY. I don't blame the Tigers. They had corroborating witnesses AND gave Bosio an opportunity to own up to the mistake and move on. He refused.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Now to wait and see if LeBron goes out west and gets bounced in the conference final next season or goes to another team in the east and loses in the NBA final next season.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If this is the new Jason Heyward is he worth his contract?
At that price, you want his OPS to be in the .900s. He's still in the .800s (need more extra base hits). That said, he had a slow start.

If Heyward can hit an OPS of .900s, play GG right field, and continue to provide that leadership ... yes, his contract is worth it. Heck, I would try to trade him this summer. I'd rather sign Harper or Machado for $200mn instead.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
That's fair, I was taking it as year to date (775 ops).

He's not going to put up .900+ ops all year though, for what it's worth.

Agreed. I’m just saying the “new” Jason Heyward is worth it. But yeah, I obviously don’t expect him to keep it up like that. But if he remain somewhat around that and continue his defensive dominance, I can at least accept the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->