OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Being a Buffalo sports fan is brutal
It really does, especially college sports. No matter how close we get to big time college football or basketball some power 5 school will come get our coaches and Ad's.

I wish the NCAA would do something about this. College athletes can't just decide to transfer without sitting out. Should be the same for coaches.

Reactions: Chainshot

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Tripled the salary on his newly signed extension. He was already the highest paid coach in the MAC conference. Can't really be too upset, UB vs Alabama in terms of athletics $$$ isn't really a winnable battle.

Not much to say except congrats and thanks for the hard work you put in while you were here. Definitely someone I'll wish success for (unlike say, Hurley/Danny White).

On a separate but somewhat related note I guess it's nice to see that at least one Buffalo sports coach that went the high school to assistant to HC route has actually been successful.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Tripled the salary on his newly signed extension. He was already the highest paid coach in the MAC conference. Can't really be too upset, UB vs Alabama in terms of athletics $$$ isn't really a winnable battle.

Not much to say except congrats and thanks for the hard work you put in while you were here. Definitely someone I'll wish success for (unlike say, Hurley/Danny White).

On a separate but somewhat related note I guess it's nice to see that at least one Buffalo sports coach that went the high school to assistant to HC route has actually been successful.
Happy for him but those seniors did the work for him and you better believe there isn't a million dollar contract waiting for them.

I don't like that NCAA allows this.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
When you hit 60 and arthritis starts, winters in the 50-70's F are a godsend believe me.

Try recruiting kids from south of the Midwest when it's 18 degrees, windy, and snowing in WNY just sayin'. But God forbid people accept the truth around here.

Weather? Alabama in summer is where Satan rents his heat to warm Hell.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
It really does, especially college sports. No matter how close we get to big time college football or basketball some power 5 school will come get our coaches and Ad's.

I wish the NCAA would do something about this. College athletes can't just decide to transfer without sitting out. Should be the same for coaches.
I have to disagree. Does it suck losing someone who did good things for us? Of course. But that is the reality of who we are as a college program. We are a stepping stone.

Making coaches sit a year would never work. What is going to happen? Oh we just fired our coach but the guy we want has to sit a year. So we hire someone for one year? No one would sign up knowing they are with out a job after a year. Or schools go with out a coach for a year? Have the wait to fire a bad coach? How would you convince a guy to leave his old spot and be with out a job for a year? It just wouldn’t work.

As much as I didn’t want to lose Nate, I accept it. I don’t care what industry you work in, you get offered a job making 3x your previous salary with more potential and a better position, you take it. I don’t care how good your previous employer was to you.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I think he did UB a favor by signing the extension. Instead of $500K to buy him out, now UB will get $750K.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad