OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
They don't match up well against TT, but they are battling. Too much self-inflicted damage though. Jeremy Harris and CJ really needs to assert themselves in this half for them to have a shot.

Also, this announcing crew is the worst...

I feel bad for the UB women, they ran into a buzzsaw in UConn and that's about as hostile of an environment as possible.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
They are trying way to hard to shoot as soon as they get down court and it isn’t working. I just shake my head at some of the shots they’re taking.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
UB has some bad shot selection, but they've also got to make tough shots when you play a team like Texas Tech. And when you do get good looks, you have to bury them. They just are colder than a polar vortex right now.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
They are trying way to hard to shoot as soon as they get down court and it isn’t working. I just shake my head at some of the shots they’re taking.
They're built to run and Tech is basically built to prevent running.

TT has just imposed their flow/structure on the game and are also executing thier half court set flawlessly outside of that stretch in the first half.

UB has just not shown any real adjustment, especially on the defensive end.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
They don't match up well against TT, but they are battling. Too much self-inflicted damage though. Jeremy Harris and CJ really needs to assert themselves in this half for them to have a shot.

Also, this announcing crew is the worst...

I feel bad for the UB women, they ran into a buzzsaw in UConn and that's about as hostile of an environment as possible.

I'm a UConm grad and follow the basketball teams. No team in any sport ever has been a dynasty as much as the UConns womens team. Highly unlikely anyone matches what they've done the past 20 years.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
I'm a UConm grad and follow the basketball teams. No team in any sport ever has been a dynasty as much as the UConns womens team. Highly unlikely anyone matches what they've done the past 20 years.

Oh yeah, for sure. I'm well aware of what UConn has accomplished. Seems almost unfair for them to have that home court advantage though

That said, the UB women sure responded a lot better than then men did to adversity. They made it an actual game in the fourth quarter.

They lost but finished strong. It's an accomplishment given that they are like the opposite of UConn in terms of history. Happy for that. Have had a bunch of that team come through my classes (have 3 this semester).

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Sad. Nate Oats most likely gone. The UB basketball program is about to take a major step back.
Ehh, they said the same thing when Hurley left.

I agree some level of step back is likely though, but I think it would be true even if coach stays, bc of how senior laden this team is.

UB has greatly improved as an athletic destination in recent years (in some sports at least). If Oats leaves, they can attract a much better level of replacement candidate than they used to be able to.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
4 years was a good run. SEC, weather, recruiting, boosters, and $ too much to pass up and compete with. Nate's personality should do well in Tuscaloosa.

Will be interesting to hear what UB's AD had to do in all this seeing he is ex SEC (Auburn).

Nate Oats resigns as UB men's basketball coach
Nate Oats has resigned as UB men's basketball coach, accepting a coaching position at Alabama, the school announced Wednesday.

Last edited:

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Unsurprising he made the decision to move on. Losing almost all of his talent after a dynamite year, gotta capitalize. Alabama is definitely a curious choice, not exactly a haven for basketball success lately.

Oh well, time for Bona to lead us to the promise land again I guess.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
4 years was a good run. SEC, weather, recruiting, boosters, and $ too much to pass up and compete with. Nate's personality should do well in Tuscaloosa.

Will be interesting to hear what UB's AD had to do in all this seeing he is ex SEC (Auburn).

Weather? Alabama in summer is where Satan rents his heat to warm Hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->