OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Jaret Patterson over 1,000 yards and 18 touchdowns in just 5 games for UB. Averaging 8.3 yards per carry. Insane.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
And so it begins UB moves up in AP Top 25 rankings; Lance Leipold mentioned as potential Power Five candidate

However, a coaching opening in the Big Ten and one in the Southeastern Conference has created a swirl of chatter surrounding the future of Lance Leipold at UB.
Illinois announced Sunday that it has fired Lovie Smith after five years, and Auburn announced Sunday that it had fired Gus Malzahn after eight seasons. Former UB athletic director Allen Greene is the athletic director at Auburn.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
NLL season cancelled:

When the National Lacrosse League makes more sense than the NHL does...we KNOW things are screwed up.

I've waited a year to see indoor lacrosse. I can wait a while longer.

That said, many NLL players will be in the Premier Lacrosse League(which is an outdoor lacrosse league)this season.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Since many of their players are fly-ins, (they live and work in cities other than the one they play in) travel restrictions and a closed US-Canada border make it impossible for the NLL to operate as usual. It makes sense for them to hold off until the travel situation gets back to something resembling normal before they try and start a new season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
When the National Lacrosse League makes more sense than the NHL does...we KNOW things are screwed up.

I've waited a year to see indoor lacrosse. I can wait a while longer.

That said, many NLL players will be in the Premier Lacrosse League(which is an outdoor lacrosse league)this season.

It will be interesting to see if there are PLL players that live in Canada that either have to opt out of the 2021 season or they need to crash on a couch in the US for the entire PLL season.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
It will be interesting to see if there are PLL players that live in Canada that either have to opt out of the 2021 season or they need to crash on a couch in the US for the entire PLL season.

Just an example or two: Josh Byrne & Dhane Smith play during the winter for the NLL's Bandits and during the PLL season for Chaos LC. I THINK they live in the Buffalo area, despite being Canadian citizens.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just an example or two: Josh Byrne & Dhane Smith play during the winter for the NLL's Bandits and during the PLL season for Chaos LC. I THINK they live in the Buffalo area, despite being Canadian citizens.

They do live in Buffalo.

Dillon Ward lives in the Denver area, I believe. He plays indoor for the Mammoth and he previously played for the Outlaws outdoors.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Amid craziness of COVID-19, Whitesell’s UB Bulls hitting stride in time for MAC tourney | News 4 Buffalo
UB Bulls coach Jim Whitesell had to go into a 14 days quarantine when his wife tested positive. While he was out about 10 of his players tested positive. He coached one game from a few rows up behind the bench.

By the end of January, after a one-point home loss to Ohio, the Bulls were 6-6. They were looking like an average team, with an average head coach. There were mutterings about Whitesell, who had taken over the team when Nate Oats left for Alabama after winning 32 games. Maybe the university should have shot higher.

They didn't quit and feel sorry for themselves. Now they're on a 5 game winning streak and have won 8 of their last 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad