Other AZ Sports Thread 7: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Jesus. Even this Basketball newbie could see Booker is playing like absolute garbage. Missing every shot he took, and turning the ball over every other touch. Why continue to feed him the ball? Why are they forcing the offense through him when he’s obviously having a bad game. Is this something that happens often in basketball? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills watching this crap. As far as I can tell it’s just bad coaching.
He didn't play very well in game 2 either but game up clutch down the stretch in the 4th. I think they were hoping for a similar redemption but it didn't come tonight. The team in general just couldn't get things going, it was bound to happen sooner or later after winning 6 straight. Hopefully they get it going again in Game 4.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Ugly ass game but the Suns found a way to gut it out

It looked bad, but those numbers are even worse than it looked. The Sun's defense and rebounding in the first half was outstanding. Then they'd miss wide-open shots. Should have been up by 25 at the half instead of only 15.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think the game would improve if they removed the 3 pt line. The game would shift to setting up the best shot instead of trying to maximize 3s.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think the game would improve if they removed the 3 pt line. The game would shift to setting up the best shot instead of trying to maximize 3s.
I think the three point line is a beautiful distraction, woe to those who overuse it and neglect the paint!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Is it a cliche or factual that the 4th win in a series is always the hardest?
Would be hard to quantify short of watching every elimination game and noting how fiercely contested it was. Maybe one could check how many elimination games occurred per series across several decades. Also check the median margin of victory in elimination games where the team who could eliminate did not and compare it to the non-elimination games in the same series. :dunno:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Now that's how you close a series, so glad they didn't let Clippers hang around.Booker brought the aggressive early and in the 4th CP3 went for the jugular!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Crowder had 1 point in 33 mins, Bucks shot almost 50% from 3 and yet the Suns still won by 13. Might be a short series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Suns haven't even played a perfect game or anything, but still finding a way to win.

hard to beat this kind of ball movement:

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->