Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I want to apologize to the late Kevin Towers (RIP), who I still think was a terrible GM of the Diamondbacks.
But Didi Gregorious really was the next Derek Jeter. Except he's better defensively :biglaugh:

10/10 trolling from beyond the grave KT.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Cardinals trade up to get Josh Rosen, which is probably a good thing considering that Sam Bradford's legs have the shelf life of a rotten tomato.

Reactions: doaner

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Rosen 'pissed' at falling to Cards at No. 10

Interesting attitude he has. Sounds like a high-energy, highly competitive guy. Hope we can direct him to channel that energy positively. Also, I really like what he said when asked why he thought he fell to 10th pick: ""I don't know, and I don't care, it's behind me. I'm an Arizona Cardinal now, and I hope I will be for many, many years."

Reactions: Jakey53 and doaner

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rosen 'pissed' at falling to Cards at No. 10

Interesting attitude he has. Sounds like a high-energy, highly competitive guy. Hope we can direct him to channel that energy positively. Also, I really like what he said when asked why he thought he fell to 10th pick: ""I don't know, and I don't care, it's behind me. I'm an Arizona Cardinal now, and I hope I will be for many, many years."

Most of the negative things said about him turn out to be not true at all or him being misquoted. The legitimate worry is that he won't stay healthy but the reward is worth the risk.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
The D-backs are the 1st NL team in 111-years to win the first 9-series.

I like the variety of ways they're winning. They are winning with great starting, relief pitching, and when all else fails, slugfests. The 7-8-9 combination of Hirano-Bradley-Boxberger is promising. Sure am glad not to have to watch any more Fernando Rodney adventures.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Not to jinx it, but it's amazing to see the Dbacks have the 2nd best record in the MLB right now with a .714 winning percentage. May is going to be a very interesting month for sure.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Zero discussion about the Suns new HC?

Are you surprised? The Dbacks are doing well and yet they're hardly talked about here. I get not talking plenty about a team that's bad and I get this board is more about (Coyotes)hockey than anything else, but the talk in this thread has to improve more. We should be halfway through this thread with the discussion of the Dbacks by now seeing this isn't the same team anytime in recent history before the 2017 season.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Dbacks earned that series win vs the Astros. Way to keep it together despite the 8-0 loss in the 1st game of the series.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
DBacks lay an egg on FS1 yesterday, will they do it again on ESPN tonight? A little surprised to this point, because I wouldn't have expected Goldy to be where he's at right now. But overall, not surprised by the offensive output. Martinez was a machine for us, and rightfully so got a large contract. I knew he would be tough to replace. Our bullpen has been a rock for us, but it was only a matter of time. Would be nice to avoid the sweep tonight though. Our hot start has allowed us some breathing room. Bats need to get going though.

HAHA, actually just looked up the stats. We are LAST in MLB in batting average. .224. That's not going to do much. Amazing that we are +30 in run differential to this point. Imagine if this team was hitting. Scary where we might be at with a good offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->