Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So yeah, OT, how many sports arenas are sponsored by airlines? What % of Allegiant's post Covid19 revenue is that sponsorship gonna be eating up I wonder.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So yeah, OT, how many sports arenas are sponsored by airlines? What % of Allegiant's post Covid19 revenue is that sponsorship gonna be eating up I wonder.

I'm bored so I decided to just look up the big four. Some arenas are shared, primarily between the NBA and NHL.

NHL
American Airlines Center (Stars/Mavericks share)
United Center (Blackhawks/Bulls share)

NBA
American Airlines Arena
American Airlines Center (Mavericks/Stars share)
United Center (Bulls/Blackhawks share)

MLB
(none)

NFL
Allegiant Stadium

Not a lot. I might have missed one or two because I scrolled through the lists somewhat quickly and may have simply not recognized a name sponsor as an airline.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Asu and gcu having a home and home series. Believe it starts this year? Saw it the other day. Not going to lie, seen videos of gcu pregame. Possibly the best atmosphere in college basketball.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

For airlines (and most businesses with ties to naming rights of stadiums), they are typically tied to the hometown business. United has its hub in Chicago. For American, Dallas and Miami are two of their larger hub cities. Allegiant is based in Vegas, but their balance sheet is very good.

Allegiant is a travel company disguised as an airline. Fly to on-demand heavy locations and their smaller airports or locations well away (Branson, MO; St. Petersburg, FL). This will not hurt them as much because they fall into the ultra low cost carrier category- they bought older aircraft on the cheap and were flying for a while. With all of the routes lost, aircraft will be sold. Airlines like Allegisnt could actually purchase an aircraft that is 15-20 years old and get a good 20 more years out of it at a much cheaper rate. That is how they will continue to keep costs low, especially if able to gain aircraft that enables small growth opportunities.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
hey, so your namesake earned the right to probably get thrashed by Bayern in the champions league final, well done there....

Ah ah! I think it really is 50/50, and Bayern will have to defend a lot better than they did against Lyon, that's for sure.
Should be a good game, both teams in good form with outstanding individual talents.
I can't see a boring 0-0.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
It was a tight game but Bayern deserved to win. PSG missed some chances, then lost composure in the second half once the score was 1-0 for Bayern. Frustrating for me, but also a result fairly easy to accept. Better team won.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, the Coyotes may need a total teardown, but the D'backs are actually doing it.

They got rid of nearly everybody. Unreal. Hazen said to help boost our farm system, but mentions we also have one of the best in the league. Like c'mon man. But if it was going to happen, might as well be during the pandemic.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ

2019 revenues were $1.84 billion and estimates put 2020 down 40%, so this year's would come in around $1.1 billion. Naming rights on the Raiders' new barn runs them $25 million/season. So the sponsorship(without knowing all the particulars and going off of strictly numbers only) will cost them about 2% of their revenue.

They're paying $25 million per season, so every year that percentage will dip or rise.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The Cardinals: Hey “moose” (won’t use my real name though some of you know, here is a free copy of Madden 21 on us since we aren’t allowing fans in the building for the first two games. Thanks for being a fan!

The Coyotes: Hey “moose”, we know we still have some of your money from last season, and we don’t know if we will have a season with fans in the building, but how do you feel about giving us more money this year with all the uncertainty?
Oh btw we are hiring Pierre.

Seriously, f*** off Coyotes lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Cards are off to a good start and a fun team to watch! It's exciting when you actually get a #1 overall pick haha. Tough division. Should be a fun year.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Cards are off to a good start and a fun team to watch! It's exciting when you actually get a #1 overall pick haha. Tough division. Should be a fun year.

They basically were playing guys way out of position last year for Vance Joseph. With the additions on the defensive side plus Hopkins, it's all working.

Great video explaining it:

Reactions: DOTS13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad