Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
We all knew the losing streak would hit unlucky #13 with the Warriors invading the Purple Palace. Only a 10-point loss is surprising. Too bad these moral victories are about the best Phoenix can muster right about now.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know it sounds crazy but I'm optimistic. Josh Jackson has been fantastic lately, and my guess is will still improve. I've been pleasantly surprised with Oubre, he was an absolute beast last night. Ayton will only get better and even still has been a "disappointing" 17 and 11 guy. Booker is a superstar (with admittedly some injury concern). If they luck into Zion it should be very easy to attract at least one very good/elite player in the offseason. All those stars align and you have a top team in the league next year. Gotta bring in a big name coach too.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I tuned into the Arizona Hotshots' first ever game this evening. I didn't have many expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. The flow of play in the AAF is refreshing after all of the NFL's commercials. The illegal defense penalty is strange but I have a feeling it's temporary. I'm entirely neutral on the lack of kickoffs and mandatory two-point conversions. It was overall a pretty fun game to watch. They won me over as a fan.

Reactions: doaner

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I tuned into the Arizona Hotshots' first ever game this evening. I didn't have many expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. The flow of play in the AAF is refreshing after all of the NFL's commercials. The illegal defense penalty is strange but I have a feeling it's temporary. I'm entirely neutral on the lack of kickoffs and mandatory two-point conversions. It was overall a pretty fun game to watch. They won me over as a fan.
I'm not a football fan but I might actually watch the AAF. It's fun to watch and it doesn't feel like I'm watching 3 hours of ads like the NFL.

Reactions: doaner

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Suns tie their record losing streak at Staples by getting blasted by the Clippers. Phoenix will have to wait until the 21st at Cleveland if they will break the streak or make a new record.

tenor.gif

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's disappointing, but one does get the feeling that if all 4 major league teams up and left, the Valley by and large would just shrug and say "oh well, we've got the Phoenix Open and spring training. and great weather half the year. that's plenty."

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's disappointing, but one does get the feeling that if all 4 major league teams up and left, the Valley by and large would just shrug and say "oh well, we've got the Phoenix Open and spring training. and great weather half the year. that's plenty."

Nailed it.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
With the Knicks winning on the last day before the All-Star break, the Suns own the longest current losing streak in the NBA. I want to get a paper bag, and I have no plans on going to Talking Stick Resort Arena.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
ASU & GCU would like to have a word with you.

While I respect what they're trying to do out at GCU, and I hear it's fun, teams losing to likes of Texas (Rio Grande Valley) and Missouri (Kansas City) have a loooong way to go to be proven more than a passing fad until Thunder Dan quits or is let go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad