Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I don't know how you Suns feel about the "Run 'n Gun"/Nash Era intros, but the first will always have a soft spot with me.

"I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter."

Thanks, Suns, for introducing me to The Prodigy and Firestarter.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Good news: Fitz became the oldest WR to throw a TD pass.
Bad news: Zane missed the PAT.
Worst news: The Cards are down at the half. (But that's typical of the Redbirds this season. ;) )

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
1 more week of pain and then we can see where we're drafting. We can actually pick first overall if the Raiders win one of their remaining two games (they've got the Monday night game this week) and we lose next week.

Reactions: doaner

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
On the Cardinals front, no humidor needed.
They need to fire both Kein and Wilks.
On Keim:
1. He hired a guy who plays a 4-3 defense and primarily a zone system to boot. It requires big Mike linebackers. The Cards roster is built for a 3-4 requiring smaller, fast inside linebackers (Buchannon) and different skill sets on the part of the linemen as well. Keim didn't alter the roster in order to fit the incoming coach's system.
2. Keim did not find better WR for the team and let Brown go, who has been good this year.
3. Keim didn't find offensive linemen. Chronic issue.
4. Keim gave the OK to hire Mike McCoy.
5. Keim's history of drafting, IMO, is spotty.

On Wilks:
1. Wilks didn't, or couldn't alter his defensive system to better fit the players skills. He kept forcing square pegs into round holes. He didn't give his players a chance to succeed.
2. Wilks totally blew it with Mike McCoy as OC.
3. Cards defense and offense were simplistic and predictable. TE in motion, run between the tackles time and again, for example.

Reactions: doaner

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I know the vanderbilt loss was going to hurt a little, considering vanderbildt lost on satruday, but geesus. That was brutal. ASU needs to do work in the Pac-12 anyways. Last year they started off really strong but didn't do anything in the pac-12. Much different team this year than last year though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
With the loss, it’s time to clean house!

First overall pick!

web1_09.21.18.bosa_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad