Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Tomas actually made more in the minors than Goldschmidt did last year per Pedro Gomez. He was in the minors. :laugh:

The Yasmany Tomas contract might be one of the worst I've ever seen given to an international prospect. It was bad before we knew Tomas was a bust. The structure of that deal means that the D'Backs are going to be progressively more and more handcuffed for its duration.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
That came out of nowhere. It becomes clear that the D-backs had no intent to sign him again. Dumping payroll and stocking up on young players.

uQ8wLNV.png

Reactions: BigMac1212

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
How bad are the Suns this season?

They have 4 wins to this date.

The next closest teams in the West are the Spurs & Rockets, WITH 11!

[MOD]
(can’t post content that circumvents the language filters)

Last edited by a moderator:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I really hope, if the Suns wind up with the worst record, they don't get the #1 OA. I don't know how the draft lottery works for the NBA and how far down they could fall from that #1 spot, but the fact that they are this bad after getting their man last season(and he's producing), is an embarrassment.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm thinking the worst the Suns would fall is #4. But that's my sepculation.

Also, @TheLegend I'm sorry for posting that video. I will not post that video ever again. (Althought the similar Pinkie Pie video might not fly...)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
ASU hockey shut out Princeton last night. They're great to watch, I just wish all of their games were televised or streamed. Last night's and tonight's game are on ESPN+, some weekends are in ASU's stream, and some weekends nothing.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU hockey shut out Princeton last night. They're great to watch, I just wish all of their games were televised or streamed. Last night's and tonight's game are on ESPN+, some weekends are in ASU's stream, and some weekends nothing.

Ah I didn't realize it was on ESPN+. Their site doesn't mention that, just the live streams and pac-12 network games. The Desert Hockey Classic should be fun, all ranked teams coming to the valley.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
We are roughly 30 games or just under into the season or a third of year.

So who do you think is the most underperforming player in the league this season?
Relative to expectations at the start of the year

My vote is James Neal
Every highlight package involving Calgary shows them potting goals left right and center.
So much so they are 4th in league scoring.
This is all while their prized UFA signing James Neal has 6 points (3G and 3A) and is 15th on the team in scoring while being the 4th highest paid player.

Ah I didn't realize it was on ESPN+. Their site doesn't mention that, just the live streams and pac-12 network games. The Desert Hockey Classic should be fun, all ranked teams coming to the valley.

Their recruiting classes in the near future are going to be amazing.

ASU Recruiter - So you can go to a cold wintry hockey place or you can go to class and practice in shorts and flip flops with boatloads of beautiful women.

Hockey recruit - where do I sign?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Turn game on, 0 points against the Lions and it's the 4th quarter?

:biglaugh:

Leave it to the Cardinals to lose to a franchise that became the first 0-16 team in NFL history. Too bad we don't play the Browns this year, because we'd certainly find an epic way to lose to last year's 0-16 team. Of course, the Browns are just as capable of doing the same thing, so the logical expectation is a shit fest tie. 2018 Cardinals vs. 2018 Browns would just very well be a repeat of our epic(ally) bad 6-6 tie against Seattle a couple seasons ago.

Cardinals would probably pull a Bo Levi Mitchell (yay CFL reference) in order to lose. Either that or the Browns would. One or the other. Or it could just be a tie instead with missed short field goals again.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Leave it to the Cardinals to lose to a franchise that became the first 0-16 team in NFL history. Too bad we don't play the Browns this year, because we'd certainly find an epic way to lose to last year's 0-16 team. Of course, the Browns are just as capable of doing the same thing, so the logical expectation is a **** fest tie. 2018 Cardinals vs. 2018 Browns would just very well be a repeat of our epic(ally) bad 6-6 tie against Seattle a couple seasons ago.

Cardinals would probably pull a Bo Levi Mitchell (yay CFL reference) in order to lose. Either that or the Browns would. One or the other. Or it could just be a tie instead with missed short field goals again.

Only because Tampa Bay played a 14 game season in '76. :laugh:

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Totally off topic but I can't think of anywhere else to put it:

Why do football referees announce to the crowd, "prior to the snap, false start..."

... as opposed to a false start during the snap or after it? It's just redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->