Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
He might not be able to hit, but he plays great behind the plate. With us being able to score runs lately, I'm ok with him behind the plate.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
What do you know. Team was rolling before Miller made an appearance. He has been nothing but trash since the trade. Absolute trash. About right for AZ teams though.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Interesting to know Mario Lemieux's son is attending ASU and to play hockey this season. If it was mentioned previously I missed it.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Sounds like a great group of teams this year. ASU has been able to bring in some top teams. Albeit I think it might be to try and help the team out(as was stated in the first season), but regardless, if they keep bringing in these top teams, it will bring better talent to the team. Kudos to them, hopefully they can find a way to get people out to Gila River from Tempe. They are renovating Wells Fargo to allow hockey correct? That would be AMAZING for the team.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
JD Martinez is missed in a big way. We are 3rd in the league in ERA still(keep in mind we had that amazing stretch early on in the year). But we are 2nd to last in BA. MLB.com doesn't have a stat for BA with RISP, but I'd imagine we could be dead last in that category.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Who's the wise guy that gave the D-Backs a long stretch of games before the All-Star Game? (I know the schedule comes out in September in 2017. I'm trying to be flippant.)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well, he did release Floyd for the same thing...

Floyd was already on his way to not being signed or being cut due to his performance. The DUI thing was also a continuing problem with Floyd as well his lack of remorse.

It's really dumb though, not sure I'd trust Keim ever again. Not smart enough to use a ridesharing app or to call the number every NFL player and exec has to get a private driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad