Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I actually really dislike the NBA but I'll tune in and pretend to care if the Suns are actually good, which in my lifetime has been restricted to a few seasons in the early 1990's and a few seasons in the late 2000's.

Those were the days.

They need to get rid of Peyton, bring in a quality vet-leader and, most importantly, some more beef. The other night at the Pistons game, it was sad to see them so obviously out sized. They look like boys, playing men.

Bring back Charles and Oliver!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Today is opening day in baseball. Anything less than a birth in the NLCS will be a failure for the Dbacks this season. The pressure is on and the bar is set. Don't tread backwards!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Today is opening day in baseball. Anything less than a birth in the NLCS will be a failure for the Dbacks this season. The pressure is on and the bar is set. Don't tread backwards!

Huh? NLCS? You do understand that the NL West was the toughest division in the NL, arguably the MLB last year right? JD Martinez will be tough to replace. He had 65 RBI's in 62 games with the Dbacks, over 1 RBI per game, that's an insane rate in baseball. Robbie Ray had a career year, will he continue what he did last year? What will Corbin contribute. Granted it's a contract year so hopefully that will propel him to do good things. The wild card? Shelby FREAKIN Miller. The same guy we traded away Swanson, and Inciarte for who hasn't done much since coming over.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how this year will be a failure if they don't make it to the NLCS.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think they'll be ~5 games under .500.

If Corbin or Walker step up then maybe as much as 15 games better and in the wildcard hunt.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I know it's very early in the season, but this series vs the Dodgers early on now is very critical for both a playoff spot and the division.

Reactions: moosemeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad