Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sarver hired a GM on the cheap, along with everyone else. He got exactly what he paid for.

Can’t expect much from a guy who still clings to 1990’s cell phone technology.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Cardinals offense ranks last in the NFL in yards per game, rushing yards per game, first downs per game and average time of possession and 31st in yards per play, rushing yards per play, passing yards per game, passing yards per play, third-down percentage and points per game.

This is after a win. Barely. Against the other worst team in the league.

The Cardinals are a good example of what happens when nobody has any implied authority;

Keim had a DUI and this staff is his hire, he can't do anything without it reflecting poorly on him
Wilks hasn't been winning, so he is on unsteady ground
McCoy is shielded by the fact that Rosen is a rookie now, despite his calling being objectively bad. He turned DJ into a practice squad level back but 'won'.
Bidwill signed off on all of this and can't admit defeat this early into a new era

All it took for the old Cardinals to reveal themselves again is going from 2 great coaches (BA and Wiz) to someone struggling with personnel fit with a shit OC. The Chargers have scored 3x the amount of points the Cardinals have.

At least Rosen knows how to throw the ball away to prevent himself from getting killed out there. He's going to need to do that a lot this year.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Seems like the timing is a bit weird, right before the new season is about to start? I just wish Sarve would have taken himself with them.

Reactions: doaner

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I know everyone here is probably watching the Coyotes, but you can stream the Phoenix Rising game on ESPN+ at 8pm against Vegas. Road to the playoffs! #2 in the western conference currently.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Another big night of sports for Arizona. Phoenix Rising trying to bounce back from the beat down they took in Vegas Wednesday. They start the playoffs at home next Friday though! Sun Devils hockey takes on #1 Ohio State(lost 3-2 last night). ASU hockey will be on pac 12 + live stream.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I watched some of the 2nd period and all of the third of the ASU OSU game. It was much more entertaining than the coyotes. I need to get into more college hockey in general, I wonder if they have a streaming service. I think ESPN's app had a decent amount last year. Off to Google.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
McCoy's offense had only scored 3 points with ten minutes left in the game. Fire him into the sun.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Wilks needs to save his own ass and can McCoy immediately. I can’t see this coaching surviving the Monday after the season ends unless there is a change at coordinator

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Another 3 point half for the Cards as they get smoked. If McCoy survives that we'll know the old Cards are back.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Ending to the ASU game stunk. But geesus, this team needs to stop skating until the 4th and then try to turn on the afterburners. Silly pass at the end though have to go for the end zone there.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Not an ASU fan, but what the f*** was Manny Wilkins doing at the end of the game? 3rd year starting QB needs to have a sliver of awareness.... holy shit that was brutal.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
My wife and I had purchased tickets for that Broncos game months ago. Honestly I think that was among the worst performances by a pro team - in any sports - that I have witnessed first hand. Just brutal.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My wife and I had purchased tickets for that Broncos game months ago. Honestly I think that was among the worst performances by a pro team - in any sports - that I have witnessed first hand. Just brutal.

A long time ago when I was in high school, I watched the Cardinals lose to the Chiefs 49-0.

Reactions: zz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->