Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Nyah...

sport-baseball-pitch-pitching-pitcher-rubber_arm-smb100406_low.jpg

Well played, TheLegend. Well played.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Great game. I was yelling at my tv so loud when they would keep going deep. Wilkins just wasn't connecting, should have just stayed with the 10-15 yard range. Defense made some huge plays when they needed to. Great clock management at the end of the game. Good for Herm and the boys.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU game sucked. 2nd to last play sucked, but that's the rules. Should have never come to that. They did the same thing against Michigan State. Offense is quiet but then turns it on super late. SDSU offense just couldn't be stopped, they were running at will. Not sure how the Washington Utah game went, but score looked close. Big week to bounce back.

Oh, and Cardinals.....

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I recall Gambo and Burns heckling the preseason Vegas betting line a month ago with the Cardinals over/under of 5.5 wins being an easy over.

At this point I’m thinking 3-4 wins is best case for them.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I recall Gambo and Burns heckling the preseason Vegas betting line a month ago with the Cardinals over/under of 5.5 wins being an easy over.

At this point I’m thinking 3-4 wins is best case for them.
I looked at our remaining schedule and figured Oakland is our only easy win. The 49ers are beatable but we'll probably manage to lose to them at least once. Everyone else is likely to kick our asses but we might get lucky. I'm expecting 3-13.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What was Mike McCoy thinking? Leaving Johnson on the sideline and running Edmonds on 3rd and 2 at the end of the game was as stupid a decision as I have seen in a long time. What does it tell Johnson about the confidence the team places in him? What does it tell us about the competence of Mike McCoy? And why in hell ask a 22 year old rookie QB to be the savior by running the 2 minute drill down by 2 points. Is he trying to test Rosen's confidence, shake Rosen's confidence or does he not have a clue that this season isn't going anywhere and putting the kid in the game is worth the risk?

I don't think that we have the personnel to play a 4-3. The coaches should consider changing the defense to fit the player's strengths this year, and trade and draft for a 4-3 for the next season. We don't have the linebackers and end up using safeties as outside linebackers.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
"Hey Larry. Did I catch you at a good time?"

"Yeah Steve. I'm just driving to the store. What's up?"

"Hey so I got good news, we got a QB"

"Excellent Steve. Who is it?"

"I have Sam on the other line here"

"Sam? Did we trade up to get Sam Darnold?"

"No. It's Sam Bradford"

giphy.gif

Safe to say my post still stands lol

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rosen named starter. That's a small portion of the battle.

The real problem is McCoy and his inability to utilize a gameplan that fits the Cardinals. This is a guy that was fired midseason once before, so there is precedent.

Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->