Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hit up the Columbus or Pitt boards, Im sure they have recommendations. I've done the same for D.C and Denver and its been a huge help.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Rosen looks sharp when he's got time and isn't picking the snap off the turf.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The new video screen at the new Sun Devil stadium is one foot higher and one foot wider than the video screen at Arizona’s football stadium.

Source:

Reactions: CC96

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Baseball should shorten the regular season an expand the playoffs. More teams qualifying and more playoff series. The regular season is too long, games feel meaningless until September, and too many fans lose interest because it looks like their team has no chance at the playoffs all the way back in June.

Expand the playoffs to 8 teams per league and the Dbacks, Rockies, Dodgers, Cubs, Braves, Brewers, Cards, and Phillies would all be in at this point.

Same format that the NHL uses would work, but the playoff season would be shorter since playing on consecutive nights is common. You could also have the first rd be 5 game series...I'm good with that.

Shorten the regular season to 142 games...playoffs start in about 2 weeks. :nod:

(my idea will never happen because the owners are too stupid to know what the fans want)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, DBacks won't make the playoffs. We are one of the worst hitting teams in the league. JD Martinez was a beast for us, and he's shown it in Boston this year. We have great pitching, but that won't carry us to the playoffs. We are entering a stretch that no team trying to make the playoffs wants to get into. If we make the playoffs, we deserve more than the NLDS. But if we don't, it's because we didn't build the right team. It's a shame, it's a good team, just not good enough.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
What is wrong with Archie Bradley? He's been a blown save guy lately.

The whole team is likeable enough, but it has been difficult to take them seriously as a contender. I wonder what the stats are on them winning games in late innings. Seems like they're usually done scoring by the fourth inning or so. That's putting a lot of pressure on the relievers, who have been above average all season.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Huge game for asu and the herm Edwards trial. This could change many minds about the hire. Need to cut back on the penalties for sure. But looking forward to the game.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I can't believe U of A has been this bad. I don't expect ASU to be much better, but I thought with the hires both programs made it was going to be a rough stretch for ASU and a great one for U of A. It's really early still, so I'm trying not to put too much stock into there first two weeks, but if ASU can win, or even just make it really close, against MSU it would be huge.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can't believe U of A has been this bad. I don't expect ASU to be much better, but I thought with the hires both programs made it was going to be a rough stretch for ASU and a great one for U of A. It's really early still, so I'm trying not to put too much stock into there first two weeks, but if ASU can win, or even just make it really close, against MSU it would be huge.

Well, I'm not exactly complaining.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Composite image of UoA’s defense today....

swiss_cheese.jpg

Reactions: Katie Connauton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->