OT: Where to buy men's snowpants in town

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Checked walmart, etc...

Anywhere to pick up pair locally for the $30 range? Specialty stores like Kundstadt??

Needed for 4-5x/year use....size L-XL

Doubt you'll find a whole lot in Men's sizes for under $30. Also, if you're planning on using them 4-5x/year, for $30 you'll probably be replacing them every two years or so (in my experience, at least) depending on how rough you are on them.

I managed to find a GREAT pair at Winners for like $40 last year... then I went and did something silly like move to the tropics. Got one weekend's use out of them. :shakehead

I'd try your luck at Winners to see if you can get a score there first, then maybe try some sales at some of the usual haunts: Sports Experts can have some decent deals if you go at the right time.
Sport Check (Sport Mart's low cost rat hole) might help you out as well.
Also: and I don't live in Ottawa anymore, so I might be totally off on this one, but maybe try some of the Zellers that are in line for closing to be turned into Targets? Might find some deals there. The Zellers in Bells Corners is an absolute sh*thole, but it's their "Clearance Store", so you might find a diamond in the rough.

GOAT

Dec 5, 2006
Ottawa
Last year, Giant Tiger had some decent snowpants for both men and women at $30. I picked up a pair back then, and they are in great shape still.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Last year, Giant Tiger had some decent snowpants for both men and women at $30. I picked up a pair back then, and they are in great shape still.

Man, GT's so hit-and-miss.

Buying stuff there, and there's a 50-50 chance it will either be so sturdy and overbuilt that it outlives your children, or so flimsy it breaks/ rips the second you get it home.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Try Sail and Bushtaka. Might run you more than $30 though.

If you plan on keeping them for a long time, you might want to spend the extra dough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->