OT: Where can I customize a hockey jersey in the Triangle area?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I live in Carrboro and have a blank Reebok jersey I wanted to customize (i.e. put a name and number on the back). What are some places I could do that in the Triangle area, what's their quality and what would the price be? Now one thing I have to mention is I don't have a car, so I'm not sure how I'd even get to anywhere outside of Carrboro and Chapel Hill, but if it's close I might find a way someday.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I live in Carrboro and have a blank Reebok jersey I wanted to customize (i.e. put a name and number on the back). What are some places I could do that in the Triangle area, what's their quality and what would the price be? Now one thing I have to mention is I don't have a car, so I'm not sure how I'd even get to anywhere outside of Carrboro and Chapel Hill, but if it's close I might find a way someday.

The Eye does it. Or at least it used to, I've been out of State for a bit now.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015

I bought a blank jersey at the Eye on Black Friday this past year and had it sent off to get Faulk's name and number. The whole process costs 80$ (which you are paying even if you buy one at the store with name/number). I told them to leave the A off, because they said I could send it off to get a C later on for 10$.

I assume they'd do it for a jersey not bought there, I would just call and ask.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I bought a blank jersey at the Eye on Black Friday this past year and had it sent off to get Faulk's name and number. The whole process costs 80$ (which you are paying even if you buy one at the store with name/number). I told them to leave the A off, because they said I could send it off to get a C later on for 10$.

Sounds good, any other stores that do it? Oh, and were you satisfied with the job they did?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Eye does it. Or at least it used to, I've been out of State for a bit now.

Actually, I'd just cut out the middleman. The Eye sends jerseys to Exclusive Pro. Send your stuff straight to them and it's a little bit cheaper - $60.00 to add a name/number to a jersey and $6.50 for a patch (captain's or otherwise) plus whatever shipping is. Include your request and contact info (address, phone, e-mail addy) on a piece of paper and ship it and the jersey to Exclusive Pro. When they've finished customizing it they'll send you an invoice which you can pay over the phone and they'll ship you your jersey. They've done several for me and my wife and we've been more than happy with the quality. Currently they're customizing our New Storm aways, our Starter homes, and my Pens away. I'm also getting ready to send them my Pens away to have an '09 Stanley Cup patch added and my Pens Stadium Series jersey to have the Stadium Series patch added. Here's some of the work they've done for us:

On this one they stripped off the customizing that we got from shop.nhl.com (cheap heatpress crap), stitched on the new customization and stitched on the Winter Classic patch. This one was a little pricier because of the labor involved in stripping off the old stuff and cleaning the heatpress glue off of the jersey.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Actually, I'd just cut out the middleman. The Eye sends jerseys to Exclusive Pro. Send your stuff straight to them and it's a little bit cheaper - $60.00 to add a name/number to a jersey and $6.50 for a patch (captain's or otherwise) plus whatever shipping is. Include your request and contact info (address, phone, e-mail addy) on a piece of paper and ship it and the jersey to Exclusive Pro. When they've finished customizing it they'll send you an invoice which you can pay over the phone and they'll ship you your jersey. They've done several for me and my wife and we've been more than happy with the quality. Currently they're customizing our New Storm aways, our Starter homes, and my Pens away. I'm also getting ready to send them my Pens away to have an '09 Stanley Cup patch added and my Pens Stadium Series jersey to have the Stadium Series patch added.
Thanks, it looks like they do a good job. How did you ship the jerseys there and what did you pay for the shipping? I'd probably be looking for the cheapest reasonably safe alternative. In the past whenever I've returned T-shirts and such, I just used a big envelope, but I'm not sure this would work here, too.

The price sounds good, though, depending on how much the shipping costs would be. Still, if I could get this done for, say, $70 total, I'd have a customized jersey for $135, which isn't too bad.

Are there any other companies like that where you send in your jersey and they customize it for a not more than $60? And is The Eye the only brick and mortar place around here that does this then?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Thanks, it looks like they do a good job. How did you ship the jerseys there and what did you pay for the shipping? I'd probably be looking for the cheapest reasonably safe alternative. In the past whenever I've returned T-shirts and such, I just used a big envelope, but I'm not sure this would work here, too.

The price sounds good, though, depending on how much the shipping costs would be. Still, if I could get this done for, say, $70 total, I'd have a customized jersey for $135, which isn't too bad.

Are there any other companies like that where you send in your jersey and they customize it for a not more than $60? And is The Eye the only brick and mortar place around here that does this then?

I mean like I said, The Eye doesn't even do it in house. What they do is heat press - maybe a little better quality than what shop.nhl.com did when the Indo-Edges first came out, but it's still heat press. Anything more than that - actual stitching - they just ship off to Exclusive Pro anyway.

I typically go to FedEx and get whatever box will hold the number of jerseys I'm shipping and send it whatever the cheapest rate going is (usually FedEx Ground). Return shipping is $15 for 1 jersey, $18 for 2 jerseys, and $21 for 3 jerseys, but they'll explore cheaper options if you request it.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I mean like I said, The Eye doesn't even do it in house. What they do is heat press - maybe a little better quality than what shop.nhl.com did when the Indo-Edges first came out, but it's still heat press. Anything more than that - actual stitching - they just ship off to Exclusive Pro anyway.

I typically go to FedEx and get whatever box will hold the number of jerseys I'm shipping and send it whatever the cheapest rate going is (usually FedEx Ground). Return shipping is $15 for 1 jersey, $18 for 2 jerseys, and $21 for 3 jerseys, but they'll explore cheaper options if you request it.
Yeah, I saw those shipping rates, but wasn't sure whether that was set in stone. I figured I'd try to go with something with a prepaid label, so that I'd hopefully pay less than $15 not only for return shipping, but both ways.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Yeah, I saw those shipping rates, but wasn't sure whether that was set in stone. I figured I'd try to go with something with a prepaid label, so that I'd hopefully pay less than $15 not only for return shipping, but both ways.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Try to give them a call (815-877-8585) and they should be able to work that out with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad