OT: OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 4: Half and Half (7-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Time for Napoleon to come in and lead ‘em to the promised land.

Can lightning strike twice? ha ha

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Cmon Goon, you’re not really trying to sell us that a capable franchise QB is right around the draft corner are you? Put down the pipe brother.....now! ;)

Time to play, WHAT ARE THE REDSKINS WILLING TO OVERPAY TO MOVE UP IN THE DRAFT!

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I get it. I've been a Skins fan for almost 40 years. But the past is not the future. As ****ty as this ownership group is they could still draft a good young QB if he's there. They've made some good draft picks at times so it's not like they have zero drafting ability (other than WR lol). The real problem, even if that happens, is do will have the coaches in place to take advantage. Right now I think not, but I also think change is coming.

The past is an excellent predictor for the future, and since absolutely nothing has changed there's not any real reason to believe the results will too.

My only goal for next year at this point is to only use 3 QBs, and for someone besides Way to be MVP.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
gloom and doom forever. i get it.

Only until they show they've changed. Which hasn't happened. I mean, I had a coworker yell at me for being negative about McNabb. I said all the same things then that I've said now. Guess who ended up being right?

A couple years ago it looked like we might be finally ready to take steps forward. Now? Forget even babysteps forward, we are back in the "let's see if they can breathe continuously without thinking about it" stage.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mahomes, man. Wow. Trying to think of who he reminds me of. It's like if you put Peyton Manning's brain into Mike Vick's body. Maybe you don't get 100% of either guy, but you get enough.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He’s a freak. The league will adjust some I’m sure but the passing game has also never been easier with all the protections in place for QB’s and WR’s.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What a crap ending to that game. Fuller and Scandrick (and the refs) lost that for the Chiefs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That blown coverage looked awfully familiar. The pick play should now be a staple in every offense. It wasn't a pick per se, but it was traffic. And its exactly what happened to us last week, with Norman.

I used to call pick plays playing in the hood in the 1970's. I missed my calling, clearly.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Because they are in a soccer stadium.

Its still not selling out. LA people just aren't chargers fans, they're more rivals. In fact the fans at the Chargers home games are like 80% for the other team. Its bad. I don't think they will have a fan base in LA even when they move into the new stadium. The Rams on the other hand had a built in fan base that welcomed the team home. Chargers not so much.

This was a Chargers home game vs the 49rs.
chargers-49ers-crowd.png

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Never liked the idea of SD moving to LA. Still SD to me. Bah.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Huge must-lose game coming up for Skins. Jags are ahead of us on race towards bottom and you can tell they’re officially mailing it in. Will be an uphill battle for the all important L. Great QB matchup. Jags one of few teams we don’t have a clear edge against in a that department.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
SD didn't really give a crap about the Chargers, either. Some interest during the LaDanian Tomlinson years, but pretty meh afterwards.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
SD didn't really give a crap about the Chargers, either. Some interest during the LaDanian Tomlinson years, but pretty meh afterwards.

They averaged about 65K fans per game in San Diego, 15-20% were rivals. In LA, they average ~25K, about 85% are rivals. So with the move, they went from ~50K fans to ~5K fans buying tickets and attending their home games. Thats brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad