(OT) To the TFC Fans...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Seriously I ended up talking with one of the heads of the Red Patch Boys when they were at RBA and they all absolutely dreaded the thought of having to hand over the shield to Atlanta at BMO. That didn't happen!!!! I have a TFC hat I'm going to wear to work tomorrow, once again THANKS!!!

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Congrats to the Red Bulls. You let us keep the record for one full year lol. I am stunned by tfc fall from grace. I suspect they just didn’t have enough down time this off season. Hoping for better next year but the lack pride this year was disturbing.

Reactions: sabremike

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Congrats to the Red Bulls. You let us keep the record for one full year lol. I am stunned by tfc fall from grace. I suspect they just didn’t have enough down time this off season. Hoping for better next year but the lack pride this year was disturbing.

When you consider how great they've been for 2 seasons, plus their run in the Champions League and Canadian championship, a lot has been asked of them.

A proper "fall from grace" will be if they are poor next season. Let's hope this is just a one-off

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We will be back next year. This year marked by KEY injuries to defenders, midfilders and strikers. Also our rookie goalie had his share of issues this year without a solid group of defenders. Everyone should be back and healthy for another championship run at CONCACAF. This is only a blip in the road. I could easily see another MLS cup next season.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It actually happens quite a lot in pro sports where a team struggles the year after winning a title. Last year everything went right for you guys, this year everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. The best part about the game was watching the Atlanta feed and their horrible one eyed commentators at the end talking like their dog had just died. If Metro doesn't win it this year I am pretty much convinced it's never going to happen.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Elite teams keep winning year after. You don't see top European teams win it all one year and then face relegation the next. To me this year was a really bad sign for the leadership group. Hopefully they figure things out for CL and next season.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You have to be realistic. You lose your 2 centre backs for the season and it is going to have a major impact. Also no Alidore to start season for half year +. Then our best playmaker Vasquez played through leg injuries all year and really should have been sat down for the year. He was playing on 1 leg. and then our bulldog captain was moved back to centre back to try to stop the bleeding. If you really look at it closely there was no surprise at all.

If team was healthy and all played all season long together then yes this team would done. But it is just not what occured. Next year when everyone is back and healthy they should win it all again. There is no other team in MLS that can compete with TFC when we have our full complement and no one is hurt. And it really is not even close. And most TFC fans understand what happened.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
It tells you something about the absolute growth of the league when a team with Giovinco, Altidore, Vazquez, Bradley, Mavinga, Janson can't make the playoffs. Depth is needed and you need a team that is mid/low table EPL level to win the shield. NYRB is a heck of a team lead by Kaku, Parker and BWP. That team doesn't have a superstar but just top down they are solid at every position.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Seriously I ended up talking with one of the heads of the Red Patch Boys when they were at RBA and they all absolutely dreaded the thought of having to hand over the shield to Atlanta at BMO. That didn't happen!!!! I have a TFC hat I'm going to wear to work tomorrow, once again THANKS!!!
You're welcome, although I don't feel like I had much of an impact on any of this.

Reactions: sabremike

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It tells you something about the absolute growth of the league when a team with Giovinco, Altidore, Vazquez, Bradley, Mavinga, Janson can't make the playoffs. Depth is needed and you need a team that is mid/low table EPL level to win the shield. NYRB is a heck of a team lead by Kaku, Parker and BWP. That team doesn't have a superstar but just top down they are solid at every position.
Giovinco and Bradley were the only 2 players of group you mentioned who played the entire season and even then Giovinco was not avaialble for 3 games. Mavinga 12 games played and hurt. Jansen 11 games played came to team late in season. Vazquez 21 games played on 1 leg from game 1 of MLS. Altidore 13 games played after bad injury and then another to end year.
NO TEAM IN ANY SPORT CAN SURVIVE THIS LEVEL OF INJURIES. PEOPLE MAKE UP STORY LINES BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE STORIES BUT to say a team with these players can't make the playoffs is untrue if all healthy. Look at past 2 years when they were healthy. MLS finals and then MLS finals winners past 2 seasons. and the year they lost mls final come on the final game was a blow out it could have been 4 nil TFC but seattle got extremely lucky to win it. One season with almost all of designated players injured and you write that please. The real fans know it is not true.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Giovinco and Bradley were the only 2 players of group you mentioned who played the entire season and even then Giovinco was not avaialble for 3 games. Mavinga 12 games played and hurt. Jansen 11 games played came to team late in season. Vazquez 21 games played on 1 leg from game 1 of MLS. Altidore 13 games played after bad injury and then another to end year.
NO TEAM IN ANY SPORT CAN SURVIVE THIS LEVEL OF INJURIES. PEOPLE MAKE UP STORY LINES BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE STORIES BUT to say a team with these players can't make the playoffs is untrue if all healthy. Look at past 2 years when they were healthy. MLS finals and then MLS finals winners past 2 seasons. and the year they lost mls final come on the final game was a blow out it could have been 4 nil TFC but seattle got extremely lucky to win it. One season with almost all of designated players injured and you write that please. The real fans know it is not true.

Yikes that was HARD TO READ. The point was MLS is growing. If you had Giovinco and Bradley with those players (even with limited action) they would be a top team even 7 years ago.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think it's a pretty big reach to suggest that the NYRB are a mid table EPL team.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Got your point and agree 100% the league has improved. 7 years ago Giovinco alone made you a playoff team.

My point is put everyone on team on same field together for a full season like 2016 and 2017 with no injuries and you would have got another MLS Cup in 2018. But it is very difficult to limit injuries 3 seasons in a row. So the law of averages kicked in this past season.

TFC is the only MLS team who can play in Mexican league and would have a shot in winning it. Not even TFC would compete in the EPL. They would get blown out virtually every game.

Raymondo316

Nov 11, 2007
Maidstone England
I really don't believe NYRB are a mid to low table Premier League team. Specially when Bradley Wright Phillips is one of their best players...In England he's a Championship player at best!! Even then his best seasons here have been in League 1.

There's a reason he left England, its because he just wasn't very good.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I really don't believe NYRB are a mid to low table Premier League team. Specially when Bradley Wright Phillips is one of their best players...In England he's a Championship player at best!! Even then his best seasons here have been in League 1.

There's a reason he left England, its because he just wasn't very good.

I've said it once I'll say it again

MLS has the offensive/attacking and midfield talent of a top 10 league globally.

Every night you are going up against a player like Zlatan, Rooney, Acosta Valeri, Piatti, Giovinco, Vela, Almiron/Martinez etc. Most in their prime.

The quality drops off around the depth area and the back lines. That's why there is so many goals in MLS.

Once MLS rounds out they will comfortably be a top 10 league by the end of 2022.

I think NYRB would finish 15-18th in EPL. They are a similar team to Cardiff city.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad