OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Italy has cancelled some soccer games in an effort to contain the virus. I could see the same happening to sporting events here. Canuck luck at work.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Those Snuneymuxw Clippers jerseys were dope, I wish I could have afforded to bid on one
Yeah I was stoked on that event. I wasn't able to make it out. It's funny actually, that design was one of the mockups Noel did for us with our corporate logo we got him to do

I love those collaborative projects. One of the ones I've been really stoked to make happen is the collab we did with Nanaimo Supply Co. for a limited line of Snuneymuxw branded apparel, all fundraising for a Coast Salish welcome figure pole to be carved for Tribal Journeys this summer. I just ran into the Nanaimo Supply folks at the night market in the summer and got talking and now we're like 50% to our goal with the project, it's been really cool working with them and doing stuff that re-contextualizes space here in Nanaimo

Reactions: Zombotron

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Italy has cancelled some soccer games in an effort to contain the virus. I could see the same happening to sporting events here. Canuck luck at work.

Gotta think the summer Olympics could be delayed or outright canceled depending on how the next few months go.

Admittedly any travel plans I've considered this year have definitely made me second guess or at least want to see how things proceed.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Gotta think the summer Olympics could be delayed or outright canceled depending on how the next few months go.

Admittedly any travel plans I've considered this year have definitely made me second guess or at least want to see how things proceed.
Japan’s baseball league is opening it’s season without the fans. If this thing isn’t brought under control in the next two months, the Olympics will be cancelled.
I plan on staying close to home for the next little while till the picture becomes clearer.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

They have said they would not delay the Olympics. It is either going to be Cancelled or continue.

As someone who works in the Travel industry, this is killing the industry and will continue to do so for 9 months. I think the virus itself is currently being overblown.

Having said that the over reaction is causing it to be not a bad idea to not travel. For instance some countries are quarantining passengers if you have been through certain areas, boarders are shutting down, you could get stuck somewhere. However the virus itself is not that bad and while it may kill at a higher rate than the common flu, the common flu still has killed more this year. Last I heard at the beginning of the week it was still just killing people who are already sick or elderly.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
They have said they would not delay the Olympics. It is either going to be Cancelled or continue.

As someone who works in the Travel industry, this is killing the industry and will continue to do so for 9 months. I think the virus itself is currently being overblown.

Having said that the over reaction is causing it to be not a bad idea to not travel. For instance some countries are quarantining passengers if you have been through certain areas, boarders are shutting down, you could get stuck somewhere. However the virus itself is not that bad and while it may kill at a higher rate than the common flu, the common flu still has killed more this year. Last I heard at the beginning of the week it was still just killing people who are already sick or elderly.

Just my thoughts.
I agree here. Too many people are suckered by the alarmist/sensationalist media. The virus isn't nothing but it's not nearly as big a deal as the media would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad