OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I know he won't toot his own horn so I'll do it for him.

Our own Mr. Canucklehad was presented with a 50th Anniversary Canucks jersey by the BCHL, Canucks Alumni, and LNG Canada, for the tireless work he puts in bringing Canucks alumni to his town, and for his contributions to youth hockey, the BCHL and Canucks Alumni. Well deserved. Congratulations Mr. C. And that is one sweet jersey.

DjuD2Vu.jpg

Heh, thanks CM. This was a definite pinch me moment. Walking on clouds a bit for sure. It’s been a great weekend here so far with free hockey camps for kids, public skate, school visits by the BCHL teams, and they played the first game of their double header last night (Prince George beat Langley 5-1).

Not long after this picture, Babych and Lumme did a Q and A. A few questions in, one of the Prince George players asks - “Do you guys know Mike Richter?” To laughs from the crowd. The guy asking the question was Spruce Kings player Tom Richter, Mike’s son.

Babych’s response - “Yeah, we know him...he’s a jerk.” :laugh:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm pretty sure Barney Gumble was like, a pity appointment. MAN I'm glad he doesn't post here anymore
I actually liked Barney. Before he came here he was a long-time mod on the official Flames forum and was pretty fair, even to us Canucks fans who used to raise hell over there.
Heh, thanks CM. This was a definite pinch me moment. Walking on clouds a bit for sure. It’s been a great weekend here so far with free hockey camps for kids, public skate, school visits by the BCHL teams, and they played the first game of their double header last night (Prince George beat Langley 5-1).

Not long after this picture, Babych and Lumme did a Q and A. A few questions in, one of the Prince George players asks - “Do you guys know Mike Richter?” To laughs from the crowd. The guy asking the question was Spruce Kings player Tom Richter, Mike’s son.

Babych’s response - “Yeah, we know him...he’s a jerk.” :laugh:
You're Superdad, and Superhusband too. I saw your Valentine's Facebook post to your wife.

You set a damn high bar for us mere mortals.

Reactions: Indiana

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Had both of those, hope my parents still have them. Thanks for the reminder, now I have a phone cal to make to track them down.

Trying to remember the story behind them.
Zombo quoted a link to an old thread about them a few posts up.
Blame them stealing the Stanley cup as to why we’ve been cursed since

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Ha, that is the problem of replying before reading the rest of the thread. I vaguely remember that they came with a bunch of smaller pictures aswell.
They were part of a photo series the Canucks did in the early 90s. 1992-93? Maybe earlier. Professor is in the first one, and he left after 1991-92.

Actually, yeah, that first one is definitely 1991-92, because Larionov and Bure are in it. I recognize Garry Valk's chin of steel there, first on the left lol. Trevor at the front of the car, Gus Adams next to him, Babych with the shotgun, Ronning needing a boost, and, unfortunately, Dave Lidster with the Cup (which he won by beating the Canucks - he's clearly the rat)

Here:

Canucks On Trial picture

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I actually liked Barney. Before he came here he was a long-time mod on the official Flames forum and was pretty fair, even to us Canucks fans who used to raise hell over there.

You're Superdad, and Superhusband too. I saw your Valentine's Facebook post to your wife.

You set a damn high bar for us mere mortals.

Heh, thanks CM - Mrs. C and the boys were definitely more understanding than I could have hoped for about how over the top busy I was this week and weekend!

And HTP/Barney has always been patient and fair; a good egg, when he’s not being a smart ass. :laugh:

Speaking of smart ass - @Nuckles. There was a mod with a chip on his shoulder. :D

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
NBA all star game is way better than the NHL all star game. Guys were going 110% in the last 2 minutes. Too bad the game was won on a free throw.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Bought tickets for a flight to Toronto. Heading there for the Leafs Canucks game next week. Wew.
Thats kinda on topic of the Canucks so maybe delete your post Peensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad