OT Thread XIV: Hayley Williams - Ending Wars One Wink At a Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Can you guys relate to this? Ever get so fired up about something, and you're blowing steam about it all day literally. Well it slips your mind for about 6 hours until someone feels the need to bring it up again? Then you just get infuriated having to defend your position again, and you get pissed off all over again?

all the time. i get angered over intellectual debates very easily, and hate it even more when people just don't realize they're wrong

*Bob Richards*

I agree. I really love this subject matter.

EDIT- This must be worked into the next thread title.

Oh agreed. It will be our ridiculous OT's isolated moment of extremely abstract and critical thinking. We have it once in a blue moon. ;)

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York
Can you guys relate to this? Ever get so fired up about something, and you're blowing steam about it all day literally. Well it slips your mind for about 6 hours until someone feels the need to bring it up again? Then you just get infuriated having to defend your position again, and you get pissed off all over again?
Nope.

Absolutely. Most recently with someone reminding me of the Rangers blowing another lead and losing.
You ****ing ****. Why the **** would you bring this up again? :sarcasm:

*Bob Richards*

all the time. i get angered over intellectual debates very easily, and hate it even more when people just don't realize they're wrong

It always comes off as pretentious to just assume that you're right, but I am absolutely blown away by how disgustingly wrong some people are. You'd swear that they are doing mental gymnastics to convince themselves of their own ridiculous opinions.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
A pessimistic look but again, like all others, a fair one. Destruction is one of the biggest defining characteristics of humanity.

That said, so is creation. And with creation, that's where you can find the beauty in it. Whether creating art or another person, you can find a lot of happiness and meaning in it.

Of course there's beauty in art and creation. But when people and groups like Justin Bieber and One Direction are being passed off as 'artists' by a sizable chunk of humanity, you have to wonder if there's much beauty to be found any longer. Even our innovation has been stifled in recent years. We, as a species, used to aspire to go to the moon and beyond. Now the masses sit with their thumbs up their ***** waiting for the next iPhone. And they're happy. They're content with that.

Destruction is as prevalent as ever while creation has been cheapened and squelched to the point where it is difficult to find a relatable or significant artist any longer. I'm just not finding much beauty.

The Perfect Paradox

Beyond Good and Evil
Aug 16, 2007
New York

I used to be the same way. However, people having unsupported opinions is something that you just get used to. Eventually, it becomes something that you are willing to accept and put aside rather than spend time actually being angered by it.

EDIT- However, like Bob mentioned from time to time it surprises me how sure people are of opinions that have nothing to support them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I think I get along with you guys better than half the people on the Devils board.

Don't even try to turn me to the dark side though. If I were a Rangers fan you guys would be just as irritated with me as those guys on the Devils board!:laugh:

*Bob Richards*

Of course there's beauty in art and creation. But when people and groups like Justin Bieber and One Direction are being passed off as 'artists' by a sizable chunk of humanity, you have to wonder if there's much beauty to be found any longer. Even our innovation has been stifled in recent years. We, as a species, used to aspire to go to the moon and beyond. Now the masses sit with their thumbs up their ***** waiting for the next iPhone. And they're happy. They're content with that.

Destruction is as prevalent as ever while creation has been cheapened and squelched to the point where it is difficult to find a relatable or significant artist any longer. I'm just not finding much beauty.

As terriawful as Justin Bieber and One Direction are, it does fall under preference again. Maybe some 12 year old girl finds all the meaning she needs in the world from them and uses it to create something beautiful of her own.

This is not me coming out as a closeted JB fan.

And yes, I need a cigarette too.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I think I get along with you guys better than half the people on the Devils board.

Don't even try to turn me to the dark side though. If I were a Rangers fan you guys would be just as irritated with me as those guys on the Devils board!:laugh:

Oh, being a Rangers fan is nowhere near as awesome as we like to pretend it is :(

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Justin Bieber!:laugh:

Am I the only one that don't think Selena Gomez is that great?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not sure if this does anything for you, but I just saw this, and find it amazing.

I don't drink water. Fish **** in it.
-- W.C. Fields

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I believe Selena has a very attractive physical appearance. However I can't comment further than that as I have never spoken to her.

c'mon guys, keep it smart

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
alyonka_larionov2.1349217116_standard_352.1349217636.jpeg

she must be mine.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know what celebrity I find most attractive. 10 years ago I thought Thora Birch was pretty frickin hot. Then she did the video with Limp Biscuit, and I was turned off immediately.

Now she just doesn't even look good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad