OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Normal rainfall for Winnipeg in July: 79.93mm

2021 rainfall for Winnipeg in July: 1.2mm

I know people love the sun in the summer, but my lawn is not looking good right now. My garden is surviving but only because I water it everyday.

Same here. I'm genuinely concerned about farmer's crops, that's a bigger issue than our lawns.

schmockeyknife

Apr 7, 2021
I was in Vancouver Tuesday and just happened to be walking from Yaletown up to my hotel on Burrard and walked right through the scene of the accident where an 11 month old child was hit and killed by a vehicle on the sidewalk. A father was walking with his daughter in a stroller going to meet their mom and I guess the mom was across the street and had waived at them just before the crash and witnessed it. Two car accident with an SVU going up on the sidewalk after the collision.

What a unimaginable nightmare
Terrible. vancouver roads are waaaay too fast. there is also a very strong "car culture" there which simply feeds into it

Reactions: ps241

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Where's the farm? Surprisingly Saskatchewan along 16 is doing well. But yes, rain is very much needed. The only plus is that we've been so grossly overdue for a drought that the years in the interim have benefitted. Last major drought was late 80s or early 90s and we've historically had one every decade or so. So nearly 30 years without a drought is a pretty solid run (not that there weren't excessively wet years in there as well).

The farm is between Aubigny and Morris, on the Red River. We are lucky in that we went with some drought resistant crops... my neighbour has beans and peas that are not doing well. This is as dry as I have seen it for a long while.

As I type this we just had a nice shower in south Winnipeg. :)

Reactions: buggs and Jets 31

PierFrontMarina

Jul 15, 2021
Just found out 2 of our members at my golf course have gotten Covid , one is in the ICU on a ventilator. Unfortunately he doesn't believe in getting vaccinated , he's only 42 but not in the best of shape. Hope he gets better and has a change of heart regarding vaccine's .

That is unfortunate.
Just shows you covid hits you in various ways NOT including large crowds.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Figure this is as good a spot as any to ask - has there been any indication that cross international border travel without quarantine will resume soon? Wanting to see my parents (we're fully vaccinated) in early October but from what I'm gathering the MB (and maybe fed) govt is being more cautious than here in the states.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Figure this is as good a spot as any to ask - has there been any indication that cross international border travel without quarantine will resume soon? Wanting to see my parents (we're fully vaccinated) in early October but from what I'm gathering the MB (and maybe fed) govt is being more cautious than here in the states.
I think they are talking a mid Aug opening of the Canada US border for fully vaccinated.
Does this help.

Mandatory quarantine or isolation – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We bought a 6' foot diameter inflatable pool on a whim in May, what a great decision it turned out to be. Perfect for 2 people to sit and cool off in during this ridiculous heat wave. We have been using it a lot.

I've been looking for a small pool for the kids as well. Nothing really out there right now it seems.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Shot 2 of Phizer last night ... sitting here waiting for reaction.

Impressed again how well the supersite at the Convention Centre went.
Tomorrow is 2 weeks since my second Phizer shot and i felt worse with the first one, other than a bit of a sore arm i was pretty good. And yes the supersite is well run.

Reactions: spiny norman

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Space Jam 1 was also terrible, but it was so terrible people loved it.

Yeah it was, but I watched it with my kids recently and actually enjoyed it. This new one, is on a new level of trash. It was basically just a big Warner marketing campaign. Add in Nike throwing there "swoosh" in every scene possible.

Reactions: Hunter368

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Can send you some West coast New Zealand winter rain if you'd like. Loving seeing the family but can't wait to get back up to summer next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad