OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was in Vancouver Tuesday and just happened to be walking from Yaletown up to my hotel on Burrard and walked right through the scene of the accident where an 11 month old child was hit and killed by a vehicle on the sidewalk. A father was walking with his daughter in a stroller going to meet their mom and I guess the mom was across the street and had waived at them just before the crash and witnessed it. Two car accident with an SVU going up on the sidewalk after the collision.

What a unimaginable nightmare

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was in Vancouver Tuesday and just happened to be walking from Yaletown up to my hotel on Burrard and walked right through the scene of the accident where an 11 year old child was hit and killed by a vehicle on the sidewalk. A father was walking with his daughter in a stroller going to meet their mom and I guess the mom was across the street and had waived at them just before the crash and witnessed it. Two car accident with an SVU going up on the sidewalk after the collision.

That's just horrible.

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just found out 2 of our members at my golf course have gotten Covid , one is in the ICU on a ventilator. Unfortunately he doesn't believe in getting vaccinated , he's only 42 but not in the best of shape. Hope he gets better and has a change of heart regarding vaccine's .

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just found out 2 of our members at my golf course have gotten Covid , one is in the ICU on a ventilator. Unfortunately he doesn't believe in getting vaccinated , he's only 42 but not in the best of shape. Hope he gets better and has a change of heart regarding vaccine's .

Sorry to hear this.

same thing happened to a guy I know. He wasn’t anti vax but did drag his feet a bit and got Covid two days before he was scheduled to get vaccinated. Same thing he was really fit and took a turn for the worse and spent two weeks in an induced Coma on a ventilator. He was really lucky to survive it but who knows how much permanent damage he suffered?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did any of my fellow Transconians watch the copper chopper circling for about an hour last night around 8-9 pm, Victoria West area? Something was up.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I was in Vancouver Tuesday and just happened to be walking from Yaletown up to my hotel on Burrard and walked right through the scene of the accident where an 11 month old child was hit and killed by a vehicle on the sidewalk. A father was walking with his daughter in a stroller going to meet their mom and I guess the mom was across the street and had waived at them just before the crash and witnessed it. Two car accident with an SVU going up on the sidewalk after the collision.

that is depressing.

Reactions: ps241

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Omg, that’s horrible. I can’t imagine being one of the parents.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Question

My 12 year old son is scheduled for his second Pfizer shot on Wednesday July 28th which is cool but I would prefer to get him in next week when I am in town. Are you guys hearing of Pfizer pop ups still? Sorry to ask but I am at the lake and a bit out of the loop.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Question

My 12 year old son is scheduled for his second Pfizer shot on Wednesday July 28th which is cool but I would prefer to get him in next week when I am in town. Are you guys hearing of Pfizer pop ups still? Sorry to ask but I am at the lake and a bit out of the loop.

AFAIK the pop-up clinics have Moderna only. I think Pfizer supply is still pretty limited

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
AFAIK the pop-up clinics have Moderna only. I think Pfizer supply is still pretty limited

thanks

How are you doing with the smoking? If you have cravings just do a day trip to lake of the woods and it’s smoky enough here you won’t miss the habit.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
64766249344__C2445BF1-80F3-4197-A22E-79F59FF6EB94.HEIC copy.jpg

Took a ride out to the farm last week. Its dry as hell but somehow the crop is doing OK. Need some rain.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Hope your buddy is ok.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
View attachment 453138

Took a ride out to the farm last week. Its dry as hell but somehow the crop is doing OK. Need some rain.

Where's the farm? Surprisingly Saskatchewan along 16 is doing well. But yes, rain is very much needed. The only plus is that we've been so grossly overdue for a drought that the years in the interim have benefitted. Last major drought was late 80s or early 90s and we've historically had one every decade or so. So nearly 30 years without a drought is a pretty solid run (not that there weren't excessively wet years in there as well).

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
With BC on phase 3, some friends and family are making their way to Vancouver for some rest and relaxation.

This past weekend I chilled some some cousins from the Peg, they enjoyed the hospitality

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
We got our 2nd shot on Sunday.

5 additional hours of sleeping and a sore arm. Popped some tylenol in the morning and at night before bed and was fine after that

Sounds like my experience sore arm for the night, a couple of tylenol and could barely find the injection site the next day

Reactions: SUX2BU

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Normal rainfall for Winnipeg in July: 79.93mm

2021 rainfall for Winnipeg in July: 1.2mm

I know people love the sun in the summer, but my lawn is not looking good right now. My garden is surviving but only because I water it everyday.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Where's the farm? Surprisingly Saskatchewan along 16 is doing well. But yes, rain is very much needed. The only plus is that we've been so grossly overdue for a drought that the years in the interim have benefitted. Last major drought was late 80s or early 90s and we've historically had one every decade or so. So nearly 30 years without a drought is a pretty solid run (not that there weren't excessively wet years in there as well).
Along Hwy 16 isn't as bad as what we're seeing here. Manitoba's really getting hit hard.

This will suck for MBHydro too. They won't be able to generate as much electricity with the reduced water flows. Nearly the entire Nelson River watershed is experiencing some level of drought.

upload_2021-7-15_12-34-49.png

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yeah, I went looking after posting. From the Western Producer:

drougfht-map-July5.jpg

I've been in a couple of meetings today and expected yields are about half of what we saw last year. Not looking to be a good year for yields. Thankfully we can consider that an anomaly for now. Doesn't help producers for this year of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad