OT: OT Thread Part 8: The Home of Weird Internet Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Absolutely, 100% agree. Everyone should get vaccinated.

How do we manage this though? Take away rights from people who aren’t vaccinated? I’d prefer if we didn’t do that because we have a democracy and it will get messy.

I would prefer not doing that as well, but I suspect it is the only thing that will work. I also suspect that it will get messy no matter what. If you do nothing you are almost inevtiatbly going to have to take rights away from everyone again, at least at the local level. The tolerance for those refusing vaccinations could easliy disappear completely.

Democracies should protect the rights of the minority, but at the same time democracies require individual responsibility to function properly.

Apparently they have been working on it for some time.

When will children under 12 be vaccinated against COVID-19?

"Both Pfizer and Moderna have begun clinical trials of their COVID-19 vaccines in children as young as six months old, with Pfizer expecting first results in July and full results in September. The company said it hoped to see younger children getting vaccinated in early 2022."
I was talking about 90% of people 12+. The idea being that if the adults in their lives are protected it is much easier to keep the virus under control in younger populations.

Last edited:
Reactions: soothsayer

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I would prefer not doing that as well, but I suspect it is the only thing that will work. I also suspect that it will get messy no matter what. If you do nothing you are almost inevtiatbly going to have to take rights away from everyone again, at least at the local level. The tolerance for those refusing vaccinations could easliy disappear completely.

Democracies should protect the rights of the monority, but at the same time democracies require individual responsibility to function properly.

I was talking about 90% of people 12+. The idea being that if the adults in their lives are protected it is much easier to keep the virus under control in younger populations.
Sounds like the Alberta government doesn’t believe that to be the case.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
They also don't seem to see a problem with a symptomatic covid positive kid going to school it seems. I have a suspicion that they are in the minority in that regard.
I would suspect they are in the minority as they are the first province to change the rules. All other provinces will follow suit. When? Probably depends on what happens in Alberta.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would suspect they are in the minority as they are the first province to change the rules. All other provinces will follow suit. When? Probably depends on what happens in Alberta.
They are in the minority because no one else thinks allowing covid positive people to go into public spaces makes sense at this time. I doubt the other provinces are taking their lead on that one from Alberta.

Reactions: soothsayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad