OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
You need to calm the f*** down with this Alberta is always Alberta bullshit and painting anyone who disagrees with your POV as some sort of racist sexist rape apologist asshole.

You asked a question that people disagreed with. Now "Alberta is always Alberta"???!!!!?? - maybe explain that one to the Edmonton Oiler fans here many of which are born and raised Albertans. What are you saying exactly?

Your statement that "They'll watch as the women are raped" with respect to our military is sheer hysterical lunacy that has no place here. The guys I know in the military - and it's a lot of them - would kick the living f*** out of anyone who did anything untoward a female military member or any female for that matter.

Finally saying people IN THIS THREAD (who disagreed with you one must assume) think FHRITP is funny? Really? Where do you get that from and what gives you that idea? (for the record anyone doing that needs a knee to the balls from the reporter)

You need to climb down your moral high ground here pal before you get a nosebleed.

Again that is what is wrong these days. Differing opinion = "you're a bad man". No discussion, just quick to play whatever card that person feels can bury the person that disagrees with them with. That shit doesn't fly on my watch.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
4BDCAC33-29C0-4D12-8745-D93B8DC90FCA.jpeg

Opinion based discussion in 2021.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
You need to calm the f*** down with this Alberta is always Alberta bullshit and painting anyone who disagrees with your POV as some sort of racist sexist rape apologist asshole.

You asked a question that people disagreed with. Now "Alberta is always Alberta"???!!!!?? - maybe explain that one to the Edmonton Oiler fans here many of which are born and raised Albertans. What are you saying exactly?

Your statement that "They'll watch as the women are raped" with respect to our military is sheer hysterical lunacy that has no place here. The guys I know in the military - and it's a lot of them - would kick the living f*** out of anyone who did anything untoward a female military member or any female for that matter.

Finally saying people IN THIS THREAD (who disagreed with you one must assume) think FHRITP is funny? Really? Where do you get that from and what gives you that idea? (for the record anyone doing that needs a knee to the balls from the reporter)

You need to climb down your moral high ground here pal before you get a nosebleed.

Same for me with the people I know, they wouldn't have a problem taking matters into their own hands.

And yeah, painting everybody with the same brush is ignorant. That said, I will agree that racism and sexism are still a problem in Alberta's police, firefighters and military. I've seen racial profiling by police in Alberta on a number of occasions. In my experience the majority of people who serve are good people and aren't racist/sexist and don't tolerate it, however it's still a problem as there are those who are, and also those who even if they're not the ones engaging in it are enabling it by not standing up against racism/sexism when they see it. I think some of that is a lingering cultural thing in some parts that hopefully with the amount of public attention it has received recently will change.

When you have generations who were taught certain things are acceptable, and then as time goes by standards change and those things are no longer acceptable, it still takes time for those changes to take hold institutionally. While younger generations come in and won't accept outdated standards of conduct, it's still hard being low man on the totem pole and affecting change upwards. Change happens but not as quickly as you would hope and so there are still some of those officers/firefighters/soldiers who do hold racist/sexist views, and sometimes it's not even the older officers/firefighters/soldiers, it's younger ones who have adopted ignorant viewpoints for whatever reason, or they're just shitty people, or they're people who have experienced trauma and don't know how to cope and their outlook changes to a more negative/bitter one.

I think having more resources for people who do serve so they can receive counseling and therapy if needed would be a great thing. Too many of them suffer because of what they have seen on the job and too many end up suffering in silence instead of getting the help they need to deal with the emotional trauma of the job, which is not easy. More monitoring of their mental/emotional state wouldn't be a bad thing either so that those with issues can receive the help they need or for those acting poorly be dealt with appropriately (in the case of racism/sexism/sexual harassment). That said I'm not sure specifically how you would functionally accomplish that, but I'm sure there's a way.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The abbot approves: Chimay goes green with new beer

Monday, 03 May 2021
Chimay-H-Res-308.jpg

The Trappist brewery Chimay has announced that it will officially launch a new permanent beer for the first time in 55 years, unveiling the new Green labelled beer on an already colourful lineup.
Officially named Chimay 150, the new beer will join the Dorée, the Rouge, the Blanche (triple) and the Bleue, bringing the brewery up to 5 permanent beers.

According to the International Trappist Association, producing a new Trappist beer is no short order, and must meet certain criteria:
  • Made within the immediate surroundings of the abbey;
  • Production must be carried out under the supervision of the monks or nuns;
  • Profits should be intended for the needs of the monastic community, for purposes of
    solidarity within the Trappist Order, or for development projects and charitable works.
“It was a beer that we had wanted to launch for a long time and for which the board of directors, which includes three monks, agreed this year,” Giselda Mercuri, marketing manager of Bières et fromages de Chimay told local media. “We were missing this beer, blonde, strong, a little rounder and with a more accessible bitterness than the Chimay Blanche (triple),” she added.

The beer – first brewed in 2012 to mark the 150th anniversary of the brewery’s creation – has stiff competition among the rest of the range to make a mark.
Chimay Bleue alone accounts for just over half of the brewery’s 190,000 hectolitres per year, Blanche (triple) for 20%, Rouge for about 15%, while Dorée has carved out a good share, close to double figures, less than ten years after its launch.

The new beer will first be made available in May at Discobeer and Poteaupré, a beverage and catering business that are part of the Chimay group. It will start to show up in bars from June and eventually be available for mass distribution in autumn.

:partytime: :cheers::cheers::partytime:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad