OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The ad sponsor really REALLY wants me to read up on Pat Sajak's net worth bringing his family to tears. Has anyone bitten the bullet and clicked on the article?

Edit: don't click on it. It's probably a trap. I never click on those things and I don't ask people to do anything i wouldn't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The ad sponsor really REALLY wants me to read up on Pat Sajak's net worth bringing his family to tears. Has anyone bitten the bullet and clicked on the article?

Edit: don't click on it. It's probably a trap. I never click on those things and I don't ask people to do anything i wouldn't do.

I use an adblocker, so not even sure what you're talking about, but I'll take your word for it. ;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Cool. Now where the hell are the sea creatures we've been promised?

I'm totally expecting a Spaceman Spiff scenario to play out.

a11e037647f2564f40c4ea7775b88a0d.jpg

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
So they can figure out how to get an unmanned spacecraft all the way over to Mars without it crashing into anything or going off course, land it on the surface where they wanted to put it without wrecking any shit at a speed of mach-chicken but can't get it to take color photos? What are we, in the stone age? :sarcasm:

The view from Mars: Here's the 1st photo from NASA's Perseverance rover! | Space

Actually, the amount of data in a B&W photo is far less than a colour one. NASA takes the image and colourizes it.

Edit: NASA did crash a probe into Mars because of a US/metric conversion problem.

How NASA Lost a Spacecraft From a Metric Math Mistake | SimScale

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Actually, the amount of data in a B&W photo is far less than a colour one. NASA takes the image and colourizes it.

Edit: NASA did crash a probe into Mars because of a US/metric conversion problem.

How NASA Lost a Spacecraft From a Metric Math Mistake | SimScale

That was a costly, embarrassing mistake by Zutroy.

That's good info about the data and makes sense...I read earlier something about radio waves or signals taking 11 minutes to reach Earth so I could imagine how long a color photo would take as it would be more data to send. A day or two? Three? Maybe Amazon Prime could get it back faster. For the scientists waiting to get started on analyzing photos, that would be a lot of standing around.

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
41 years since Bon Scott passed away. Really makes you wonder what ACDC would've been with him and not Brian Johnson. Really be curious what my favourite Thunderstruck would've sounded like with a different singer.

Also makes me realize how old I'm getting as I was born a few years after he passed.

Reactions: yukoner88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad