OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
rzV6AM.gif

Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
One of the few things in life that has actually gotten easier to do. Vehicle registration. Not even any date stickers anymore. Still a costly endeavour but at least it is go in, pay and out in a few minutes now.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
One of the few things in life that has actually gotten easier to do. Vehicle registration. Not even any date stickers anymore. Still a costly endeavour but at least it is go in, pay and out in a few minutes now.

In Alberta the DMV and the way its handled is the best in Canada. In other provinces they have one DMV/Registry Office for cities of 200,000 people. Getting your car registered or your licence renewed is an all day experience.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I think you can do it online now too?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

I don't know which companies you go through. AMA does it all for me in one building in Red Deer. Considering being laid up due to illness, I need to get a new driver's license, get the truck registered and insured. Plus, I need to get a new birth certificate and health card.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That is what I thought. I usually go into the place near my house and I saw that they offer the auto renewal now as well.
Do many people even do their auto (or house) insurance in person anymore? My brokerage does most by phone/email. Never even have to step out of the house.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I like strawberry milk, i like banana flavoured milk. At a truck stop in the states tonight, I saw a bottle of nesquick milk with strawberry and banana flavours combined in the milk and thought this is interesting...........it's a trap.........it tasted like the tooth whitener the dentist uses to clean your teeth, and my stomach is not handling it well

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I like strawberry milk, i like banana flavoured milk. At a truck stop in the states tonight, I saw a bottle of nesquick milk with strawberry and banana flavours combined in the milk and thought this is interesting...........it's a trap.........it tasted like the tooth whitener the dentist uses to clean your teeth, and my stomach is not handling it well

My older roommate bought one of those big plastic jars of jalapeno cheesy snacks. It wasn't the slight amount of heat after eating a couple that turned me off. It was the taste of particle board that did. Could still taste it a couple of hours later.

You'd think that there'd be tasters going over the milk and cheese snacks, but it seems like the producers just whip together something from a chemical process, stick it right away in a container, and sell it.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
So.......I'm stopped at a flying j in Wisconsin today. It's -18 out, bright beautiful sunny day, wind is calm. I park to go inside to grab some lunch. Walking back to my truck, about 6 stalls away from my truck, another driver climbs out of his and just yells at me in a southern accent "hoooooo shit! I'm from Alabama and GOD DAMN it's colder than an eskimo's butthole out here!"

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So.......I'm stopped at a flying j in Wisconsin today. It's -18 out, bright beautiful sunny day, wind is calm. I park to go inside to grab some lunch. Walking back to my truck, about 6 stalls away from my truck, another driver climbs out of his and just yells at me in a southern accent "hoooooo shit! I'm from Alabama and GOD DAMN it's colder than an eskimo's butthole out here!"

Did you correct him and tell him it’s now to be stated as colder than an Elkhound’s butthole? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->