OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I hate having to live with a senile know-it-all (but knows nothing) woman. She's gotten a few phone calls which sound like a Jamaican-run Publishers Clearing House scam, even phoning on a 876 area code.

They probably said she won some amount but they want $235 off her next pension payment. Doubt that'll be the only time they scam her. I looked it up as I was listening when she said the caller wanted that amount. I brought it to her attention but, in her usual stupidity, called me "nosy".

Mind you, she must've been bitter, stupid and too plain all her life, as she married a 45 year old guy when she was 17 and, later, a 65 year old when she was still way younger than him. She did marry another guy after that and had 5 children, 4 of whom are still alive but want nothing to do with her. Her favourite pastime is to sit and swear at the TV while she's watching. Plus, she still wants to hook up with some guy to the point of constantly calling, fawning over them, and getting jealous if they don't answer or phone back regularly. There's more but it'd take a long while to type it out.

/rant

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I hate having to live with a senile know-it-all (but knows nothing) woman. She's gotten a few phone calls which sound like a Jamaican-run Publishers Clearing House scam, even phoning on a 876 area code.

They probably said she won some amount but they want $235 off her next pension payment. Doubt that'll be the only time they scam her. I looked it up as I was listening when she said the caller wanted that amount. I brought it to her attention but, in her usual stupidity, called me "nosy".

Mind you, she must've been bitter, stupid and too plain all her life, as she married a 45 year old guy when she was 17 and, later, a 65 year old when she was still way younger than him. She did marry another guy after that and had 5 children, 4 of whom are still alive but want nothing to do with her. Her favourite pastime is to sit and swear at the TV while she's watching. Plus, she still wants to hook up with some guy to the point of constantly calling, fawning over them, and getting jealous if they don't answer or phone back regularly. There's more but it'd take a long while to type it out.

/rant

Sounds like a prize winning thoroughbred right there

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Sounds like a prize winning thoroughbred right there

Unfortunately, the lack of money on my part really limits where I can live. At least, her grandson (another roommate here) talked her out of being part of the scam, after I told him, of course.

I'm already approved for AISH but I have to fill out a CPP Disability form before I can get it. They want to know all the hospital visits, tests and procedures I've undergone. I can access that but there's lots of tests I have to print as PDFs. Sounds simple but it involves sitting up and going through them. Hard to do when I get tired easily. At least, when it gets sent out and I get the money, I'm out of here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brian Collins actually overcame that event and went on to make a good life, even doing some on screen reporting on a Waco, Texas TV station. He did an interview on Tosh.0 but Comedy Central has a geoblock on its video content.

There's this video which explains what went on with that newscast. Lots of unnecessary content, though.

Good for him! Great to see he pressed on.

Reactions: oilers'72

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Unfortunately, the lack of money on my part really limits where I can live. At least, her grandson (another roommate here) talked her out of being part of the scam, after I told him, of course.

I'm already approved for AISH but I have to fill out a CPP Disability form before I can get it. They want to know all the hospital visits, tests and procedures I've undergone. I can access that but there's lots of tests I have to print as PDFs. Sounds simple but it involves sitting up and going through them. Hard to do when I get tired easily. At least, when it gets sent out and I get the money, I'm out of here.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully when the money comes in things will improve for you.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Quite the gamble on his part. I haven’t been a big fan of either one of these two for a few years now but I always found Tim to be the talent in that duo.

Sid is more of a showman, I think it'll go one of two ways with very little in between, the general audience will actually find him funny and entertaining and he actually garners a decent audience, or everyone finds him annoying and becomes a major flop

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Best of luck moving on and moving out.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully when the money comes in things will improve for you.

Best of luck moving on and moving out.

Thanks, guys. I've got a place picked out. A subsidized seniors apartment building in town (not that I consider myself a senior yet). $767 a month for a 2nd floor 2-bedroom (water and heat included). There's a doctor's office, drug store/post office, a small grocery store, a pizza place, liquor store (not that I drink) and maybe a couple of other businesses downstairs. Plus, some medical professionals in the adjoining building.

I'd try to find a place in Edmonton for a liver transplant but, because of the lockdown, it'd be hard to find a support person right now. So, I'll wait a year and see what happens.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Isn't it sad just how far CNN has fallen since the days of Larry King?

King was a good interviewer based largely on the fact that he had respect for his guests and let them do the talking. He didn't constantly interrupt them and tell them that they were stupid.

Contrast this with Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper and Jake Tapper (and about 10 others).

I often wonder why these guys invite anyone on the show when they could simply interview themselves?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Isn't it sad just how far CNN has fallen since the days of Larry King?

King was a good interviewer based largely on the fact that he had respect for his guests and let them do the talking. He didn't constantly interrupt them and tell them that they were stupid.

Contrast this with Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper and Jake Tapper (and about 10 others).

I often wonder why these guys invite anyone on the show when they could simply interview themselves?

Don’t tell Jerry Seinfeld that!

oiLowe

Jan 14, 2009
Calgree
Join the gamestop movement ladies and gents. This will be a historic week for the stock market all on the backs of the regular public. When the stock hits $115 the hedge funds lose so jump on and join the mission!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->