OT: OT Thread Part 7: Where the Only Off Off Topic is Politics (Well Not Literally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
SO u figure its a good idea to keep on moving it around? I play lots of darts online and shoot in leagues in UK. I cant do that now because of the painIts been 3 months and it dont seem to be getting better. It came from nowhere ffs
I'm not a doctor, but my wife (nurse) and my physio person tell me the clicking noise is not something to be concerned about. But if you are having chronic pain for that long, I would see a doctor. I had shoulder surgery a long time ago, and it sounds like your symptoms are similar to my issue, which was a labrum problem. All you may need is a steroid shot to settle down the inflammation. But if you do get that shot, be careful afterwards. Don't exercise with it for a few weeks, as the tendon tends to be soft and can much more easily tear.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm not a doctor, but my wife (nurse) and my physio person tell me the clicking noise is not something to be concerned about. But if you are having chronic pain for that long, I would see a doctor. I had shoulder surgery a long time ago, and it sounds like your symptoms are similar to my issue, which was a labrum problem. All you may need is a steroid shot to settle down the inflammation. But if you do get that shot, be careful afterwards. Don't exercise with it for a few weeks, as the tendon tends to be soft and can much more easily tear.

Im waiting for a MRI now. X rays never picked up nothing. 6 month waiting list for an MRI
My neck even became tilted to the left for a bit. The boys were calling me 10 to 6 at work

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I thought baseball was harmful to play. Such repetitive motion in throwing the ball, especially pitching. I think golf is loaded with trouble too because you're always doing the same difficult motions.

Never played either much, and rarely had shoulder difficulty of any kind. Played tennis for decades and not one problem through playing that sport. Cross country skiing, hiking, swimming, snow shoeing, cycling, so much better for the body, rarely get injuries, would recommend those.

Baseball sucks in so many ways. jmo

Not that I picked sports much better. Both of my knees are screwed for life. One hockey, one work related. Probably hockey did a number on both of my knees. Been dealing with arthritis in my knees since I was 18-20. So around 40yrs. Oddly though because of the specific back and knee regimens I do (everything in the body is strangely related through nerve connections) my knee pain is less now and ability greatest its been in decades. I do rehab every day of my life.

I golf as well, played hockey, weightlifting, football, baseball. Just fell apart recently. I feel like Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall ffs
I have therapy tomorrow night. Hopefully something gives
Oh well, 2 more days for Oilers. 11 pm start here

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Someone just yelled into their CB that this is a bad time of the year to date a fat girl

Do you get the long range CB skip these days, Yukoner88? I recall listening to the bands being being covered by a lot of squeal and nonsense, all from well into the States from Alberta. Today, the low sunspot count has the bands dead.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not to make light of the recent news, but I always get a kick out of an article like the below. Damn near two months later and they are finally reaching out to the public for tips. I understand there are leads at times and it can comprise investigations, but this seems to happen far more often than it should. Need to make things public a lot sooner.

Horse fatally shot in central Alberta, RCMP investigating

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Do you get the long range CB skip these days, Yukoner88? I recall listening to the bands being being covered by a lot of squeal and nonsense, all from well into the States from Alberta. Today, the low sunspot count has the bands dead.

Just have the standard truck CB radio. Every now n then there's an interesting conversation or a guy will get a useful tip about an accident delay to get around or avoid. But mainly it's guys complaining about everyone n everything between the sun n the moon, and along with some colourful name calling.

Reactions: oilers'72

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

If I had that space I'd just put up a net and shoot pucks, but too each his own.

b6b0d1b5fdeaad680a5e9d1b63156.gif

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Just have the standard truck CB radio. Every now n then there's an interesting conversation or a guy will get a useful tip about an accident delay to get around or avoid. But mainly it's guys complaining about everyone n everything between the sun n the moon, and along with some colourful name calling.

I just had a Sony ICF-7600G multi-band radio (from 150kHz to 29999 kHz in the AM bands and 76 MHz to 108 MHz in the Japanese and N.A. FM bands. Used to be able to pick up the wailing of some Arabic M.E. stations. Once heard the Deutsche Welle sign-off transmitter id as coming from Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.

Now, nothing as for long range SW listening. A lot of national stations shut down their transmitters for online streaming but, still, plenty of areas still need transmitters to listen.

0760.jpg

icfsw76g.jpg

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I just had a Sony ICF-7600G multi-band radio (from 150kHz to 29999 kHz in the AM bands and 76 MHz to 108 MHz in the Japanese and N.A. FM bands. Used to be able to pick up the wailing of some Arabic M.E. stations. Once heard the Deutsche Welle sign-off transmitter id as coming from Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.

Now, nothing as for long range SW listening. A lot of national stations shut down their transmitters for online streaming but, still, plenty of areas still need transmitters to listen.

0760.jpg

icfsw76g.jpg

Getting into HAM radio operating could be fun too and is something I've been curious about playing with when my driving days come to an end, while I hear operators still exist, I fear it too is a dying hobby

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Getting into HAM radio operating could be fun too and is something I've been curious about playing with when my driving days come to an end, while I hear operators still exist, I fear it too is a dying hobby

Never was able to do Ham radio. My hand has always shaky plus learning how to key in and understand Morse Code, know electronics and the physics of how antennas work. I'll just listen for any interesting stuff, if the sunspot count goes up.

Reactions: yukoner88

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Never was able to do Ham radio. My hand has always shaky plus learning how to key in and understand Morse Code, know electronics and the physics of how antennas work. I'll just listen for any interesting stuff, if the sunspot count goes up.

You just gave me a thought. Recording what's said on cb's and releasing it as an album would hilarious :laugh:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Finally got to watch Stargirl online. I enjoyed watching it as the producers and writers letting the characters come through and stay to the story line. 9 out of 10 and that's being conservative.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
Anyone watch a lot of youtube? Anyone else being absolutely bombarded with an advertisement for naked cannabis? The the past two weeks it has been every second advertisement while watching, at minimum. Sometimes I’ll get it three times in the same video, back to back.

Now every time I hear that god forsaken whistling song I want to pull my hair out.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Anyone watch a lot of youtube? Anyone else being absolutely bombarded with an advertisement for naked cannabis? The the past two weeks it has been every second advertisement while watching, at minimum. Sometimes I’ll get it three times in the same video, back to back.

Now every time I hear that god forsaken whistling song I want to pull my hair out.

Use an ad blocker. I use adblock and haven't seen an ad on Youtube in a long time. (For me, some sites are simply unusable without an ad blocker. *cough *cough.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad