OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I was today years old when I first heard of this.

**** you.

I recovered from the knowledge that some people get sexually aroused from eating crap, so I'm sure I'll recover from the mental image of ill-fated park workers mashing human feces into a shower drain with their sandals. I'm just not there yet tho.

I think we just need time to heal.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Man Thierry Henry being announced as manager of the Montreal Impact is quite the deal for Canadian Soccer, almost as big as the new CPL club in Ottawa being owned by Atletico Madrid

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

humbury8

Jul 1, 2019
Hey guys, Avalanche fan coming in peace. I'm flying to Canada in March and going to my first nhl game ever, Oilers - Avalanche. I'm curious. Is it possible to attend Oilers and visiting team practice? I'll be in Edmonton for three days before I will move to Kelowna so it would be nice to catch a team practice. Thanks!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, Avalanche fan coming in peace. I'm flying to Canada in March and going to my first nhl game ever, Oilers - Avalanche. I'm curious. Is it possible to attend Oilers and visiting team practice? I'll be in Edmonton for three days before I will move to Kelowna so it would be nice to catch a team practice. Thanks!

Not that I know of. The last time I saw a practice that was able to be attended by fans was back in 2007.

Reactions: humbury8

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

The jerks only have team practice open for media unless it's a special event (like the one they just did at West Edmonton Mall) or during some of the preseason.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The jerks only have team practice open for media unless it's a special event (like the one they just did at West Edmonton Mall) or during some of the preseason.

Wrong. Oiler STH can watch select practices. Most teams have closed practices.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I will call Mr Katz and arrange it for you. Stay tuned.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pet peeve. Basic driver education people. All over the place this winter I'm seeing cars parked on main roads and bus routes and they are up to 5-6feet away from the curb. Its insane. Busses have to come to a complete stop because some doofus has parked on the side of a snowbank instead of the property owner clearing out a parking spot. Who started thinking its just allowed to park your vehicle anywhere and including in lanes of traffic and parking it that way all day and night? Those are absolute hazards. add road ruts and the traintracks often steer you right into these badly parked menaces.

Next beef is with a lack of enforcement of parking bans during snow removal. Just in my block theres 5 vehicles that have been parked out front all winter. Nobody removes them, and its obvious because a whole winter of snow is on top of those vehicles and around them. I mean they don't even try to make it look good and shovel them out once in awhile. Theres not even any pretense of moving vehicles. This is on a feeder bus route.

These two things combined conspire to make these roads essentially unsafe and reduce them to one lane roads.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Been diligently clearing the spots out in front of my house all winter. Plows came by 2 days ago and created giant windrows and now you HAVE to park several feet away from the curb to even park on the street. Would need a pickaxe, shovel, and slave labour to clear it out now, so it's staying that way until it all melts.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Been diligently clearing the spots out in front of my house all winter. Plows came by 2 days ago and created giant windrows and now you HAVE to park several feet away from the curb to even park on the street. Would need a pickaxe, shovel, and slave labour to clear it out now, so it's staying that way until it all melts.

Bike lanes are good to go. Gotta make sure the 1% aren't inconvenienced. Car owners, you're on your own.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Bike lanes are good to go. Gotta make sure the 1% aren't inconvenienced. Car owners, you're on your own.

I live in Dziadiks ward and I fundamentally disagree with nearly everything he stands for but I might have to begrudgingly admit there is a better way to do things with snow removal. However it is certainly more complicated than the general public thinks. I dont really have a problem with main roads being cleared before my own little road, but when they do come by for the one crack at snow removal for the winter it's a little annoying that while the road is now not a rollercoaster, the windrows make you feel like a rock climber if you need to park alongside the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad