OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Sad day for UofA sports as they have cut their athletics programs due for budgetary reasons.

When I complained to a buddy about this he ask me when was the last time I took in a game there. Part of this cancellation is due to lack of support from the public

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
When I complained to a buddy about this he ask me when was the last time I took in a game there. Part of this cancellation is due to lack of support from the public

There are many reasons why their budget has been hammered. That is one of them I am sure.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I have to admit (without getting too political) I am disappointed Terry Jones has not responded to the article on CFL.com on how one person of colour felt after reading one of his articles

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chief Justice John Roberts is trying to carve himself out a legacy of being a reasoned and practical conservative judge with respect for the rule of law.

He knows what's at stake for his own legacy.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Totally disconnected but was walking around a Shoppers Drug mart yesterday looking for ANY toothpaste that does not have "whitening" in it. Just standard regular toothpaste. I don't want the whitener, which is known to strip healthy enamel. I want regular toothpaste, the cheaper toothpaste, the one that helps keep cavities and dentists at bay, not the formulations recommended by some dentists, so that you have to regularly pay dentists...

Being that every single toothpaste on the shelf, all 50 of them, were whitening, I'm smelling some corporate collusion and malfeasance. Feel like complaining about it.

Anywhere still selling regular toothpaste. I gotta stock up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Totally disconnected but was walking around a Shoppers Drug mart yesterday looking for ANY toothpaste that does not have "whitening" in it. Just standard regular toothpaste. I don't want the whitener, which is known to strip healthy enamel. I want regular toothpaste, the cheaper toothpaste, the one that helps keep cavities and dentists at bay, not the formulations recommended by some dentists, so that you have to regularly pay dentists...

Being that every single toothpaste on the shelf, all 50 of them, were whitening, I'm smelling some corporate collusion and malfeasance. Feel like complaining about it.

Here Walmart carries regular aquafresh.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I saw some regular stuff at shoppers the other day. Not sure why they wouldn't have it at all of them.

Not sure if you are an amazon guy, but I started buying a lot of things like that from there. Makes it a bit easier than going out for one item and then forgetting to buy it when you end up in the store anyway.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Going to shoppers with the hope of finding what you're looking for was your first mistake

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Going to shoppers with the hope of finding what you're looking for was your first mistake

One of my favorite things about Shoppers is that you can literally find items for free there from time to time. Not too long ago they had some Oreo cookies, which were on sale, and then marked down below zero dollars with a sticker. Grabbed 6 boxes and rang them through for free. It doesn't happen all the time, but every time I go there I scan the aisles for super cheap, or sometimes even free, items. It's worth a quick 5 minute loop around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad