OT: OT Thread III: Where everyones locked down and the hockey doesn't matter.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Our AHL thread still is the Chicago Wolves, I imagine the stickies would update if we get hockey back with a new season and more traffic in a month.
I will again ask that the Silver Knights and our other prospects get separate threads or the non-AHL prospects will get lost with the local AHL team.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I will again ask that the Silver Knights and our other prospects get separate threads or the non-AHL prospects will get lost with the local AHL team.
what I've seen is almost a combination of the two..... because it won't be just Henderson, it'll be wherever the VGK elect to feed players into the Silver Knights, such as Fort Wayne, but that's ultimately up to the mods here.... just as the Wolves were prior to the acquisition of San Antonio to become Henderson.

now it could be that Fort Wayne may be available earlier than Henderson, as the Komets haven't yet said officially that they're playing this 2020/2021 season.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
what I've seen is almost a combination of the two..... because it won't be just Henderson, it'll be wherever the VGK elect to feed players into the Silver Knights, such as Fort Wayne, but that's ultimately up to the mods here.... just as the Wolves were prior to the acquisition of San Antonio to become Henderson.

now it could be that Fort Wayne may be available earlier than Henderson, as the Komets haven't yet said officially that they're playing this 2020/2021 season.
I just think that with the Silver Knights being local, they will get discussed way more and any prospect talk will be completely lost amid the talk of arenas, game reports, SK in the community, traffic to/from games, etc. Lots of things that didn't apply to Chicago. Jumping into the middle of a game conversation to post an update on Brisson will completely derail the Silver Knights thread.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I just think that with the Silver Knights being local, they will get discussed way more and any prospect talk will be completely lost amid the talk of arenas, game reports, SK in the community, traffic to/from games, etc. Lots of things that didn't apply to Chicago. Jumping into the middle of a game conversation to post an update on Brisson will completely derail the Silver Knights thread.
again, that's up to the mods here as to how they'll handle that, but most affiliate threads are 1 thread, and those draft-eligible by VGK are a separate thread anyway....that's up to the discretion of the mods there, just as it would be on any team forum, which then sometimes get duplicated on the league threads, so not always will Henderson be team-specific, but league-specific, for those who elect to follow them.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
again, that's up to the mods here as to how they'll handle that, but most affiliate threads are 1 thread, and those draft-eligible by VGK are a separate thread anyway....that's up to the discretion of the mods there, just as it would be on any team forum, which then sometimes get duplicated on the league threads, so not always will Henderson be team-specific, but league-specific, for those who elect to follow them.
And I posted this for the Mods

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

IIRC, ECHL teams had to declare by 11/30 if they'd be playing the season. (The entire northern division opted out due to use of facilities for COVID, like Worcester, etc.)

A handful of teams started last week. The balance scheduled to start mid January.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
IIRC, ECHL teams had to declare by 11/30 if they'd be playing the season. (The entire northern division opted out due to use of facilities for COVID, like Worcester, etc.)

A handful of teams started last week. The balance scheduled to start mid January.
the holdouts at last report are Toledo and Fort Wayne, otherwise those who opted out have declared.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

And yet the local housing market keeps climbing. I get more emails and calls from people than I've ever had before asking if the market will correct itself and drop enough in value so that they can purchase a home for themselves. They are angry that the Chinese and Californians have priced them out of the market and are waiting for the crash that may never happen.

How do you locals feel about the real estate market?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My value keeps going up. (Unfortunately that mens i get a dozen inquiries monthly asking if I want to well.)

It's still way cheaper than many Californian neighborhoods. My niece is buying house that needs upgrades and price is about double my value.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
So I have a nice replica Knights jersey in 56 that I love, but I’m looking for an authentic eventually. Anybody have any leads on one?

Size 56 = authentic (vs cheaper replica XXL equivalent)

Or did you mean game worn? The Arsenal had a handful game worn at the Arsenal when I was there getting a C on my gold #61 jersey last week.

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Size 56 = authentic (vs cheaper replica XXL equivalent)

Or did you mean game worn? The Arsenal had a handful game worn at the Arsenal when I was there getting a C on my gold #61 jersey last week.
I’m looking for a game-issue jersey (one the team would wear), but not necessarily game-worn. Those get a little too expensive!

Do you know what the cheapest game worn was selling for?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad