OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
How long does it take to get from the SLS to the arena including the walk?
About a half hour. Perhaps a little quicker if you catch the Monorail (it comes every 7 minutes or so) at the right time.

I live in the northwest so it is so convenient to get to the SLS and to get back out. I can even miss the spaghetti bowl and drive down Sahara and head up Rancho to get on the 95.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
About a half hour. Perhaps a little quicker if you catch the Monorail (it comes every 7 minutes or so) at the right time.

I live in the northwest so it is so convenient to get to the SLS and to get back out. I can even miss the spaghetti bowl and drive down Sahara and head up Rancho to get on the 95.

Cool. Good to know.

Doesn't work for me, because I live in Southern Highlands, but it sure is an economical solution for some people.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I've parked at the Trop for the games I attended this season, including last night. So far, no problems with my car having been towed away by the Trop cops. :thumbu:

Although Mrs. Jones thinks I'm being paranoid, I've often suggested that we cover up our VGK wardrobe and walk through the Trop after parking. But she hasn't let me do that last couple games. :(

I came up with that strategy after reading on here that someone said the Trop was cracking down on folks parking there for the games. We tend to arrive mid-afternoon for the games to do a little pre-gaming, and there are always an abundance of empty parking spots at the Trop. Haven't been hassled yet.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone. :laugh:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've parked at the Trop for the games I attended this season, including last night. So far, no problems with my car having been towed away by the Trop cops. :thumbu:

Although Mrs. Jones thinks I'm being paranoid, I've often suggested that we cover up our VGK wardrobe and walk through the Trop after parking. But she hasn't let me do that last couple games. :(

I came up with that strategy after reading on here that someone said the Trop was cracking down on folks parking there for the games. We tend to arrive mid-afternoon for the games to do a little pre-gaming, and there are always an abundance of empty parking spots at the Trop. Haven't been hassled yet.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone. :laugh:
If you're pregaming and spending money, I don't think you'll ever have an issue. I'm guessing they're trying to keep the people just going to games and avoiding the parking fees elsewhere from taking spots for the people that want to spend money at the Trop.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
If you're pregaming and spending money, I don't think you'll ever have an issue. I'm guessing they're trying to keep the people just going to games and avoiding the parking fees elsewhere from taking spots for the people that want to spend money at the Trop.
"Except I'm not pregaming at the Trop," he whispered. :laugh:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Could be the law firm. :sarcasm:
It could be anything.

Like I said, Battle Born is probably a Top 5 handle for someone from Nevada. There's a ton of them on reddit, there's people everywhere with this handle. I didn't know that at the time I picked it, but here we are.

I mean, it's on the flag. :laugh:

nunst046.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad