OT: OT Thread II: Where everything's made up and the points don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

We're coming from Finland to do a west coast hockey trip in mid-March. After 4 days in LA, we drive to Vegas for another 4 days before heading to San Jose to finish the trip.

Couple of questions:

How likely is the home game vs Dallas on Tuesday March 17th to sell out and where would you suggest we get the tickets from. We need 4 tickets.

Hotel. We're most likely going to stay in Mirage. Would there be better options in roughly similar price range? We'll be in town from Monday to Friday.

We also want to check out Grand Canyon at South Rim. Is it viable to stop at Hoover Dam on the same day for a tour or should we schedule it to another day?

Sorry if there is topic for these types of questions, couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Park MGM should be comparable in price to Mirage, and it's a crosswalk from the arena.

You will find 4 seats to a Tuesday night game no problem. You should be able to find them for 150-ish lower bowl end or 80-ish balcony. Maybe a little less if you wait until last minute, but there is always a risk when you're looking for four seats together. Maybe a little more expensive if events happen between now and then to make this a critical game. You'll find them on the Vegas Golden Knights Ticket Exchange site and they are delivered via AXS App and Flash Seats app.

Reactions: Jani77

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well I have good news and bad news.

I had an interview today.... and it was successful. I begin feb 3rd, so at least during the initial 6 weeks training I’m not sure I’ll actually be able to catch any games.... which they way we are playing is probably a good thing. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
This line of thought is why Oakland no longer has a football team and Seattle no longer has a basketball team.
And? They did the right thing not writing checks for billionaires.

And Seattle is now getting a hockey team for free for tax payers. With new arena that can attract another NBA team.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
And? They did the right thing not writing checks for billionaires.

And Seattle is now getting a hockey team for free for tax payers. With new arena that can attract another NBA team.

Mark Davis isn't a billionaire.

Vegas will make a lot in taxes over the same span on people coming to see the Raiders in town, from the team itself, the stadium and everything around it. UNLV is also getting a desperately needed upgrade by using the facility. Then the tax won't go away after the stadium is paid for.

It may not make sense for every city, that I can agree, but for a place like Vegas it isn't a bad investment, from tourists money, for something for the community.

More activities to help the city's main source of income, being the entertainment capital with worldwide brands and facilities capable of hosting massive events that bring in tourists, who stay at hotels and pay the tax. Then also gamble, eat, watch shows and keep more Las Vegans employed.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Mark Davis isn't a billionaire.

Vegas will make a lot in taxes over the same span on people coming to see the Raiders in town, from the team itself, the stadium and everything around it. UNLV is also getting a desperately needed upgrade by using the facility. Then the tax won't go away after the stadium is paid for.

It may not make sense for every city, that I can agree, but for a place like Vegas it isn't a bad investment, from tourists money, for something for the community.

More activities to help the city's main source of income, being the entertainment capital with worldwide brands and facilities capable of hosting massive events that bring in tourists, who stay at hotels and pay the tax. Then also gamble, eat, watch shows and keep more Las Vegans employed.
Mark Davis shouldn’t own an NFL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->