OT: OT thread Chlorophyll? More Like Boreophyll Edition

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
The real estate market is poppin here and I've thought about selling but every house I like is going for well over asking. My wife wants to wait 5 years until our son is out of high school but I absolutely despise our floor plan, mainly the kitchen.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Heh, we pronounce it, "Sanna Anna" - didn't 'Arrested Development' do a bit on this??

I think so. The whole "californians don't pronounce their 't's" bit comes from somewhere...

The real estate market is poppin here and I've thought about selling but every house I like is going for well over asking. My wife wants to wait 5 years until our son is out of high school but I absolutely despise our floor plan, mainly the kitchen.

Selling yours would do the exact same thing. Right now you can hold people hostage for whatever you want. I've had plenty of my clients sell a home and get a rentback free for a month or two while they find their next home. And then take advantage of killer mortgage rates on the purchase. But yeah It'll depend on where you want to go as some markets are just so incredibly cutthroat...imo THAT part is loosening up a bit now that more is starting to hit the market (in other words we're now getting 10 offers on a property instead of 30 lol).

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I think so. The whole "californians don't pronounce their 't's" bit comes from somewhere...

Selling yours would do the exact same thing. Right now you can hold people hostage for whatever you want. I've had plenty of my clients sell a home and get a rentback free for a month or two while they find their next home. And then take advantage of killer mortgage rates on the purchase. But yeah It'll depend on where you want to go as some markets are just so incredibly cutthroat...imo THAT part is loosening up a bit now that more is starting to hit the market (in other words we're now getting 10 offers on a property instead of 30 lol).

The inventory is terrible here right now. There's usually 400 plus for sale and right now there's maybe 80. Car business is the same...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

My wife’s boss just bought a 1300sf house in Long Beach for over 900k. 100 over asking and they had to waive the inspection contingency. Insanity.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The inventory is terrible here right now. There's usually 400 plus for sale and right now there's maybe 80. Car business is the same...

Sounds about right, unfortunately. I remember taking a client out every weekend and seeing literally every home on the market that fit his criteria. It would take less than two hours, lol.

I'm in the IE and at least here it's starting to loosen up a bit. we've gone from 15 new a day to about 70 new a day. That's still NOTHING but it's a whole lot better.

Plus we have the catch 22 of sellers not selling because they have nowhere to go--once that unlocks a little, it'll help immensely.

My wife’s boss just bought a 1300sf house in Long Beach for over 900k. 100 over asking and they had to waive the inspection contingency. Insanity.

Very typical, and yes, very insane.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Sounds about right, unfortunately. I remember taking a client out every weekend and seeing literally every home on the market that fit his criteria. It would take less than two hours, lol.

I'm in the IE and at least here it's starting to loosen up a bit. we've gone from 15 new a day to about 70 new a day. That's still NOTHING but it's a whole lot better.

Plus we have the catch 22 of sellers not selling because they have nowhere to go--once that unlocks a little, it'll help immensely.

Very typical, and yes, very insane.

That’s 1 of the reasons I moved out of California. I have a bunch of friends and family that will never be able to own a home without winning the lottery.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Happy No Pants Day!!!

upload_2021-5-7_16-19-20.png

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Damn. She read it in three hours.

"It should have come with a box of tissues"

:thumbu:

I had to order a another, happier, book to balance it out. Haha.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
The auto industry is screwed this year. We usually have 160-200 new F150's to choose from and we are at 9 with little to no stock inventory inbound. The crazy part is we had our best March in 15 years followed by our best April in 17 years and are having a great May. Nearly every vehicle inbound is sold and we are buying as much used as we can even though the market is way higher than it should be. I have 69 orders dating as far back as October that I haven't received. There's no end in site either....

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
My favorite movie, I still laugh out loud every time I watch it...

I bought it on Amazon so I'll always either have a digital or physical copy.

I didn't really like it the first time I saw it in the theater. I'm not sure what I was expecting from a Cohen bros movie...but I totally got it the 2nd viewing.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
The auto industry is screwed this year. We usually have 160-200 new F150's to choose from and we are at 9 with little to no stock inventory inbound. The crazy part is we had our best March in 15 years followed by our best April in 17 years and are having a great May. Nearly every vehicle inbound is sold and we are buying as much used as we can even though the market is way higher than it should be. I have 69 orders dating as far back as October that I haven't received. There's no end in site either....

What is causing the delays? Is it lack of material or labor or both?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad