OT: OT thread Chlorophyll? More Like Boreophyll Edition

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
We lost a giant today as General Chuck Yeager passed away at age of 97. The first man to break the sound barrier.

WB7ZBEOXURHQZCRFPREWDT3HCY.jpg

skynews-chuck-yeager-sound-barrier_5199169.jpg

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
DAT ASSS! has been all over my instagram feed for a week. Unfortunately my wife has a long torso so rompers don't really work for her. Fortunately she decides to just wear undies instead. win/win.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
So. Bumping this thread. I don't know if I should subscribe to The Athletic. I think I want to have a better idea of what's going on in the league other than the random news here and there and listening to the Steve Dangle Podcast (nothing against those guys, but their views on things outside of the Leafs are always going to be in the Leafs mindset and may not be credible at times. Still a fun listen though at times).

How's the Kings coverage in The Athletic? Is Lisa Dillman a good reporter on her end regarding the team? If so, it's probably worth it alone. I don't really care about other people's views in the Athletic on the Kings if they have an agenda that has a bias of being always anti-Kings no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telos

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
So. Bumping this thread. I don't know if I should subscribe to The Atlantic. I think I want to have a better idea of what's going on in the league other than the random news here and there and listening to the Steve Dangle Podcast (nothing against those guys, but their views on things outside of the Leafs are always going to be in the Leafs mindset and may not be credible at times. Still a fun listen though at times).

How's the Kings coverage in The Atlantic? Is Lisa Dillman a good reporter on her end regarding the team? If so, it's probably worth it alone. I don't really care about other people's views in the Atlantic on the Kings if they have an agenda that has a bias of being always anti-Kings no matter what.
You are thinking of The Athletic. The coverage is excellent. If you are willing to pay for Kings coverage, it is worth it.
It's Nguyen Nguyen

The Atlantic is a once great investigative journalism publication that got taken over by a liberal nutjob a few years back

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So. Bumping this thread. I don't know if I should subscribe to The Atlantic. I think I want to have a better idea of what's going on in the league other than the random news here and there and listening to the Steve Dangle Podcast (nothing against those guys, but their views on things outside of the Leafs are always going to be in the Leafs mindset and may not be credible at times. Still a fun listen though at times).

How's the Kings coverage in The Atlantic? Is Lisa Dillman a good reporter on her end regarding the team? If so, it's probably worth it alone. I don't really care about other people's views in the Atlantic on the Kings if they have an agenda that has a bias of being always anti-Kings no matter what.

I think you mean the Athletic? Yes, Lisa is a great reporter. I won't say that every single writer on the Athletic is great and there are several that myself and other posters don't like, but for the most part the Athletic has very good content. I'd say its worth it just based on the overall content that the website provides on not just the NHL, but pretty much all the other sports as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Love the Athletic, there's not a better value in sports...especially if you also read beyond hockey.

Like the other folks have said there are plenty of hacky writers there too, but the sheer variety of coverage and unique takes is unmatched

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Dang it, I can't type. Yes, I was referring to the Athletic. I've edited it now. Thank you for the opinions.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
You guys probably like this song a lot:

It should be played on classic rock stations more.

We hear it a lot here. After Kings goals after Kings and Dodgers wins as and always on our classic rock stations. Never enough tho. I still get chills everytime I hear it

Here is a version that I really love

John Fogerty is having way way too much fun

Last edited:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
We hear it a lot here. After Kings goals after Kings and Dodgers wins as and always on our classic rock stations. Never enough tho. I still get chills everytime I hear it

Here is a version that I really love

John Fogerty is having way way too much fun

It's not usually played on the classic rock station where I live. Maybe someone will be lucky and have it played on a Saturday night which is all requests.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->