OT: OT thread Chlorophyll? More Like Boreophyll Edition

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Why do fat ladies always smell like balloons?

Was not aware they did. However, as a great big fat dude myself, I can speak to the fact I do NOT smell like balloons. Maybe other things, but not balloons

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Sunroof top digin' the scene with the gangsta lean woohooooo.

TV antenna in the back.

Things a miss about L.A......

Food. I know it will sound like B.S. but there are literally two eatable restraunts where I live. I know that I live in a very remote area but there simply aren't that many options and the ones that exist here even if you go to Couer D' Aleine or Spokane (also know as soupçan) there really aren't any exceptional places to get good food.

There is 1 and I mean 1 good Chinese restaurant near me and it is two hours away. It is really good but you have to be in the area to want to eat there. The rest don't compare with even the average LA Chinese restaurant.

There are ZERO good Mexican restaurants near me. I mean ZERO. There are a couple of merely adequate Mexican restaurants down in Post Falls but they are nothing special.

Now, if you want American food that we have several options for and if you like to eat venison moose bear duck goose ema alpaca stoat or "bush pigs" (think groundhog and you will be close) then there are 3 places you can go to get a meal out of any of those animals. Heck, I could walk out in my back yard right now and take a deer skunk raccoon or maybe a bear (one hibernates on my property but after spring they climb up the mountain more so I don't usually see them) but get a single damned solid sopa or a plate of carnitas? No possible way. Now I don't eat the animals around here, I love seeing them too much to ever harm them (I know....I know) but if I "HAD TO" I could. Oh and did I mention the F ing wild turkeys? They have full on turkey wars going on right now in my "yard". I mean knock down drag out full on MMA style scraps for at least two hours every morning. I could go out and eat one of them but I don't have the heart. They are simply gods simpletons and I am certain that if I walked out far enough I would see a short yellow bus that said something like "Thomas's Special Blessed Wonderful Turkey School or something like it out there.

Meh, I rant but next time you can't think of a place to go and get ya grub on, remember that there are people out there who don't have that option any longer. WAAAAAAHH WAAAAAAAAHH!!!

WAAAAAAAAHHH.

ps we do have a micro brewery on every mother loving corner in the little towns up here and we even have places that make their own whiskey/moonshine that you can buy out of the back of a car or truck if you want. It is all legal. Everywhere I go people are open carrying a side arm or have their concealed carry pieces on them. Near me a year or so ago a women got shot in the head when her kid took her gun out of her purse shot her. The kid was 4 I believe and was sitting in the shopping cart.

I am not complaining though. We don't have ANY real crime here. Everyone carrying shuts that crap down right away. Not too much road rage or at least not any incidents of violence for the same reason(s). So like everything you have to take the good with the bad. I love it here and the Hockey is top notch. Loads of WHL/JR teams around to watch (tv internet or a two hour drive away) and I live in absolute paradise and I mean secluded wilderness paradise but like I said, you gotta take the good with the bad. I would kill for an old school Oki Dog and a walk up to the Whiskey to see the LAST or the Circle Jerks again.

Last edited:

ricardfromage

Mar 5, 2020
paradise
A very solid hotrod for sure! I make an LP clone of a 59 sparkle top in gold, silver or in high gloss black. I make about one of each a year. I make more Ricky clone's then anything else. People love the 12 string sound. I make about a 50/50 split of them out of solid flamed maple that I get up here. I made an aspen one (quacking aspen almost pure white wood and a nice tone wood) last year and it turned out very nice. I don't make too many electric guitar's though, mostly Martin 00 clones. I use Denny Zagar's set up methods and they always end up sounding really nice. I can only build a few summer months due to the weather and it's effect on my finishes. Meh, I am not the best luthier in the world so it isn't any big deal. I always tell people to check out what is coming out internationally before they order a guitar from me. Up until the pandemic China was flat out killing me. Lots of solid guitars have been coming out of there for the past 7/8 years and the prices are just ridiculously low. Hard to compete with those guys. Still, nice guitar you got there. Pretty hard to beat.:thumbu:

Reactions: Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
what axe did you get?

PRS p20e Parlor in charcoal. Little travel guitar.

PARLOR-05__78360.1618944485.jpg

ricardfromage

Mar 5, 2020
paradise
I use a speed neck (shallow C) on all of my guitars. It is like a narrow D neck more than a C but they call them shallow C none the less. I haven't made a d/18 copy in a couple of years now and only focus on OO ooo and ooe which are all in the same category of parlor guitars though not actually parlor guitars. I will try to put up a few pictures. PRS makes a fine guitar. I highly recommend the Blueridge guitar series (saga manufactures). They are where I stole the outline for my version of the speed neck design from and they are a very precision made manufacturer. Of course I haven't seen one in a number of years but I would be surprised if they had fallen off too much. So many manufacturers are making really nice solid wood guitars today that all you have to do is play one and you can easily pick your brand and do really well. With custom guitars you get a more precise vehicle but they take time and are a bit more to ridiculously more expensive that is for sure. I only make guitars for either returning customers or local word of mouth anymore but I still use my "North X Northwest" name. I made a couple of nylon strung classical styled guitars for a customer a few years ago when I was visiting L.A. who lived out in Agoura Hills and while they turned out nice I felt that they were a touch flat in the upper E and that the B chord suffered a bit for it. Not noticeable to most but I heard it and wasn't entirely happy. The customer was but I build for my standards and not the customers. That was everyone is happy.

If you have the time go to Denny Zager's homepage and read about how he does his set up's. That guy is a fricken genius imo. He made my life so much easier and my guitars so much more fun to play.

Kings Rule

Apr 6, 2008
"If you had one shot or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip?" He made sure the Kings captured it!

prdfsn2wbvn41.jpg
That's what I thought. I just saw the goalie stats for all the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the last hundred years or so and Quick's 2012 stats were first in GAA and Save %. Pretty incredible!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->