OT: the Search function

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I'm putting this in the history section since I do a lot of searching for old threads here, and I'm sure many of you do the same. Also, many of you are giant nerds who know things.

I've noticed lately that the search function just plain doesn't work sometimes. Here's an example. The third post in this ATD Bio thread has "Jaromir Jagr" at the top, and the word "jagr" appears about 30 times throughout. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=871187

Now when I use the "search this thread" option and enter "Jagr", it comes up with no results.

When I search "Jagr" in the entire ATD forum, that bio thread again is nowhere to be found. Additionally, the most recent results it brings up are from last August. I know for a fact the word "jagr" will be in at least 7 other threads relating to the current All Time Draft.

Am I doing it wrong, or does the search function just totally suck now?

RabbinsDuck

Feb 1, 2008
Brighton, MI
It's terrible, and worse than it was (maybe that was one of the functions they disabled a lot of, and never turned back on?).

Regardless - A google search with "hfboards.com" has always given me better results.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
I'm pretty sure it's messed up. It's been stuck in August 2010 for many months now.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
It seems like for whatever reason, hfboards stopped archiving the threads when the board was experiencing trouble a few months ago. Maybe one of our friendly mods can talk to the admins and find out WTF is wrong.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
On another note, isn't the whole 1000 post limit rule to threads because it screws up the archiving and search function? Seems kind of silly when it doesn't work anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad