OT Stevenson vs Cloud discussion

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
GEeez....
DID YOU SEE the TOWEL?!?!?!?!

Where? Was it hidden behind the pool of blood? :laugh:

Corner said "Cut over both eyes, can't continue". I think all those massive body blows in the 7th had something to say too. Strong chin, okay, but if you can't breathe...

That was a great fight for Stevenson, especially technically. Outlanded Cloud in punches 5 to 1. Ridiculous.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

U FUKIN WOT M8
1V1 ME IRL FGT

Congrats Adonis, you're the man! :clap:

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
They are talking about Kovalev vs Adonis
I don't know much about that guy, just heard his name here and there but never seen some of his fights. He's 22-0-1 (20ko) Seems like he's solid too.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Tony Bellew will be fighting Stevenson next. It will be late November, early December most likely.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Then, I'd go with either Kovalev or Cleverly. Afterwards, he should go after the other belts (if he does fight Kovalev (WBO))... Beibut Shumenov (WBA) and Bernard Hopkins (IBF). I think that he could be able to become a undisputed champion... and then retire.

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
After the second round, in Cloud's corner they said : Let the clown run about.

They forgot to mention the clown is SUPERMAN in disguise lol

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Cloud had a good defensively but not offensively. If it wasnt for the cuts he was going to go 12 rounds

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
We have some great boxers in quebec right now : ALvarez, Stevenson, Pascal, Bute... were far from the Ouellet era lol

68*

****kk missed the fights because of work.

My mom got me the autograph of Jean Pascal! Nice guy! She also could have asked for Adonis' but she did not know who he was. :( Great guy too!

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Was Bellew mandatory?
Yes but WBC accepted to let Adonis do a fight before forcing him to face Bellew. I guess HBO did some representation and there was more money against Cloud than against Bellew.

Bellew is most likely next. He was hoping to outbox Stevenson but now he may not be so sure:dunno::laugh:

We now have four Light heavyweight in the top (Top-10 of Boxrec):
Stevenson, Bute, Pascal and Alvarez.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Pretty sure he would have gotten knocked out before it got to the 12th round.
His corner probably wanted him to avoid to be knocked off.
It is better to come out of a fight because of injuries than KO.

Still only the second time Cloud lost a fight.

Pretty sure Hopkins will never face Adonis.
He did win every round in this fight.

Not much wear and tear on Stevenson.
He can probably fight Bellew in November.
Not sure, Bellew can.

From: http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/181073-stevenson-puts-on-a-show
Those two victories have turned the 36-year-old native of Haiti from a fighter with great potential into a fighter to be feared, as well as fighter who is suddenly very marketable. Fans will want to see him fight going forward, particularly if he tangles with one particular opponent.

Sergey Kovalev is creating his own buzz among 175-pounders. The hard-punching Russian reduced then-unbeaten Nathan Cleverly into his personal piñata last month, scoring a fourth-round knockout and thrilling everyone who saw it.

Stevenson vs. Kovalev would be a dream come true for those who crave action fights between tough, skillful opponents.

From: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9742228/slugger-adonis-stevenson-proves-sweet-scientist
According to CompuBox statistics, Stevenson landed 108 of 434 punches (25 percent) and Cloud landed just 35 of 176 (20 percent). But the more meaningful statistic came in the power punch category, where Stevenson connected on 85 of 160 blows (53 percent), while Cloud landed a measly 15 of 55 (27 percent).

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
tumblr_mtyob7mXLY1shr61qo1_500.jpg

Looks like a few Habs were there :yo:

Parros looks like a monster lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->