OT: Speculationg about what the NFL might look like by 2020

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Branden, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Branden

Branden Registered User

2. cutchemist42

cutchemist42 Registered User

I think we knew the day would come when the NFL sees itself reaching max capacity in America. The question is if people get bored of seeing American teams visiting and demand their own teams? I honestly see the NFL having more success with branching out to untraditional markets then NHL has.

3. rojac

rojac Registered User Sponsor

Huh? Is there some other source of information other than the video because the video makes no mention of how many international games might be played or any mention of Canada whatsoever? And really, that series of videos is really just predictions of what might happen and not a plan for anything.

4. Tinalera

Tinalera Registered User

What in your opinion went wrong with the NFL Europe league? People I know in those countries basically said it felt like a watered down version of NFL, and that they weren't playing "NFL teams"-but rather felt that the NFL just stuck a bunch of teams with NFL brand in Europe and thought that would be a fine substitute.

5. scotchex

scotchex Registered User

This thread is misleading to point of being a lie.
    These aren't "plans". These are just some pie-in-the-sky videos the NFL made of what may, possibly, who knows?, happen by 2020.
    It's just a somewhat random collection of predictions, forecasts, and guesstimates.
    18 game seasons. Heads-up-displays in helmets. Teams in Europe. Openly gay players. LeBron James type players at QB.

Pointless thread. These aren't plans. They just asked a handful of players and journalists to guess what the future might bring.

6. Fugu

Fugu Administrator

Existence
    I changed the title but I may just go ahead and close this as really too OT for BOH-- if it's just speculation and nothing concrete from the NFL itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.