OT - Sarich accident

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Jesus. Wild. I didn't hear about this. Crazy he is alive, forget about the fact that the injuries weren't worse.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Not to cast broad strokes but when I hear about an accident caused by an 85 year-old driver it's hard not to assume that the person probably shoudl've had their keys permanently hung up by now. Of course, anyone can cause an accident and elderly drivers can be perfectly capable. As I read on, though, the assumption seems to be vindicated. Sympathies all around, as the loss of the ability to drive is one of the more stark manifestations of how late life becomes recessive. Glad to hear Sarich made out about as well as a crash like this allows for.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Being a Floridian now, I would love to see the US adopt some sort of re-licensing certification for elderly drivers. I'm sure that won't fly well with them, as a voting block, but I've seen too many accidents caused by Granpa or Grannie Goodgoose not being competitent behind the wheel any longer.

Hopefully Sarich recovers. I know my cycling accident while I was in college was something it took me some time to get over. I've never really cycled as much since.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Being a Floridian now, I would love to see the US adopt some sort of re-licensing certification for elderly drivers. I'm sure that won't fly well with them, as a voting block, but I've seen too many accidents caused by Granpa or Grannie Goodgoose not being competitent behind the wheel any longer.

Hopefully Sarich recovers. I know my cycling accident while I was in college was something it took me some time to get over. I've never really cycled as much since.

1000% agree, hits very close to 'home' for me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad